internet disconnecting

Started by stirling, Jun 11, 2008, 22:22:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

That's why we like IDNet so much, stirling, they do look after their customers.  :thumb:
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Sebby

Glad to hear that. Now imagine trying to get an ISP like Tiscali to do that! ;D

Rik

You'll need a really vivid imagination, of course. ;D
Rik
--------------------

stirling

what a week, have been without internet for last week since our last conversation, appears that bt had to change ports for me at exchange, its the same issue i was reporting for nearly 2 years with pipex, idnet sorted it after 2 emails and 3 telephone calls, a big thank you to all involved

Rik

Glad to hear it Stirling, that's what we love about them, they take no prisoners when it comes to BT.  >:D

Has the line stabilised yet?
Rik
--------------------

stirling

not sure yet, only got hoime from work half hour ago but all seems fine, ill be watching router status and see if theres any more connections dropping over next 24 hours but support seem to have got to grips with the issue,  wouldve been faster if the engineer that came out on friday wasnt so insistant that it was my router and left, luckily support knew the problem was in exchange and got it sorted as soon as they recieved the report from bt

Rik

That's great. Hopefully, things will stabilise and you may even get a bit more speed.  :thumb:
Rik
--------------------

stirling

im not sure how to paste my results but ive just done a speed test and its faster than ive ever had, coming in at 6077 kbps download and 378 upload, last one i done before going down, i was down to 4200 download so seems like ive deff made the right choice switching to idnet, with my previous isp i actually recorded a download speed of 80, yes 80 kbps even tho i was paying for 8 meg, so you can imagine my sense of pure joy being able to use my internet and actualy see the pages fill in. lol thanks again everyone

Rik

Sounds like a few problems have been solved for you.  :)
Rik
--------------------

Sebby

I'm glad to hear this is sorted. It's amazing how much influence the ISP can have, even when the issue is down to BT. Quite often, it's just that they can't be bothered to look into it (the ISP, that is). :thumb:

stirling

No disrespect to rik, hes been great, but it was down to you sebby for getting the ball moving suggesting i contacted support, i was at stage of coming off the net thinking nothing could ever be done to resolve this so thank you, i have been sitting at pc for 3 hours now and not a flicker so hopefully i can now get back to  having fun and enjoying the internet for what it should be, i might even be able to join in the chat just for the hell of it instead of complaining all the time.

Simon

Glad to hear it's all sorted, Stirling.  Now you can relax and enjoy IDNetters!  :thumb:
Simon.
--

Sebby

Quote from: stirling on Jun 24, 2008, 20:14:00
No disrespect to rik, hes been great, but it was down to you sebby for getting the ball moving suggesting i contacted support, i was at stage of coming off the net thinking nothing could ever be done to resolve this so thank you, i have been sitting at pc for 3 hours now and not a flicker so hopefully i can now get back to  having fun and enjoying the internet for what it should be, i might even be able to join in the chat just for the hell of it instead of complaining all the time.

I'm glad I was of assistance. :)

Lance

Glad your problems are sorted, Stirling!
Lance
_____