Vodafone hangs up on Tiscali auction

Started by Noreen, Jun 19, 2008, 11:31:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

It's entirely possible that, if they can't find a buyer, David, Tiscali would cut their losses and shut down. I'm not aware of any special protection for ADSL customers, so that would leave everyone scrambling for an ISP.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

David

That is what I was dreading for the poor people still there or the totally innocent ones who fell for the  last lot of TV ads..... :fingers:.The outlook would be terrible MAC codes would be hell trying to get these it would take months before the mess was cleared up...
I made one Excellent choice happily this one concern which isn't applicable here.

Even yesterday I think I saw a Tiscali broadband off fer £4.49 a month....it cant be done but if you are new to broadband its very tempting to at least try it for this price .....hope for their sakes that there is a happy ending but personally I am not optimistic for them ???
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Rik

Me neither, David, and with worsening trading conditions I can only see the squeeze coming on.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

David

Agree totally with this global slow down I would be surprised if there were a buyer out there and as there appears to be no assets to strip cant see any good coming from it.Tiscali have done their best to get shot of it but if there is no market then it looks very gloomy and unless a profit can be made then its obvious that Tiscali will just dump it all and run. :eek4:
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Noreen

Strange how this latest development doesn't appear to have been mentioned on the f2support forum or on the ThinkBroadband f2s and Tiscali forums.

David

I have not seen it on mentioned either Noreen, ???