This could be interesting

Started by Noreen, Jun 20, 2008, 12:19:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Noreen

QuoteHave you ever tried to buy something online, only to be blocked from doing so because you were in the wrong country?

That could be set to change, at least within the European Union, where the trade bloc's consumer protection chief will begin a new campaign Friday to tear down barriers to commerce across national borders.

"In the world we live in, we are not obliged to shop in the supermarkets and stores of our postal code," Meglena Kuneva, the European Union commissioner for consumer affairs, was to say in London, according to an advance copy of her speech. "Yet we cannot buy computers, train tickets or PlayStations freely across the EU," Kuneva's says.

Although she is not expected to cite specific companies Friday, EU officials said Kuneva's warning would be directed at online retailers like Amazon, electronics manufacturers like Nintendo and travel companies like the cross-Channel train operator Eurostar, following complaints she had received about those companies' practices.

Kuneva was to say that she was aiming to remedy situations where customers trying to buy airline tickets are redirected to the home pages of their country sites, so they are not allowed to see offers for the same route made to someone living elsewhere in Europe.......................
http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/06/19/business/ecom.php

Lance

Could make shopping for some items a bit cheaper then!
Lance
_____

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Sebby

Rik

They didn't mention Apple...
Rik
--------------------

David

Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

David

:eek4: :eek4: :eek4: (there were 3 of them I think)
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Noreen

I imagine that many people will be interested in the price of Eurostar tickets.

Lance

Lance
_____