newbie poor speeds

Started by jimc, Jun 05, 2006, 21:16:31

Previous topic - Next topic

jimc

Hi
Just migrated in tonight and not  getting speeds above 1mb,
before migration was averaging around 2-4mb, any ideas please ?

Download Speed: 1003 kbps (125.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 294 kbps (36.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Download Speed: 986 kbps (123.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 368 kbps (46 KB/sec transfer rate)

oh and am synched at qbout 6meg

Scott

Quote from: jimc on Jun 05, 2006, 21:16:31
oh and am synched at qbout 6meg
Hi Jim and welcome aboard - think I may have just posted on your thread in AG...this is the first instance (if I understand you correctly) I've heard of someone migrating from one Max product to another and I'll have to defer to someone more knowledgeable on this but does the migration kick back in the 10 day learning period on your line again ?

one perhaps for Simon ?

If no-one can give a definitive answer in here or in AG then goto the horse's mouth (so to speak!) and call CS - the guys there will be sure to have either an answer or begin diagnostics.

GL & HTH
S
Member of the IDNet Mafia
How to Spot and Deal with Trolls

jimc

Hi Scott
thanks for reply here and on AG, On eclipse my speeds were poor for about a month after migrating to maxdsl, however the BT fix was implemented and they immediately started to jump, however msr was never set and a ticket was open, after posting I did do a BT speed test and the speed would not climb above 1Meg.
so I realise its probably BT or re-training, the exchange is showing all green.
I was hoping the migration would be the kill or cure for my line, and was also suffering packet loss with eclipse and was in constant doubt whether their packet shaping was causing any problems, as they are not going to fess up to that are they.
I have also emailed IDnet so am waiting for a response as I also was curious whether a migration would trigger re-training, though it does not seem to have happend to any other posts I have read
cheers, Jim

jimc

Miriam
has just confirmed to me that BT state a migration will cause re-training to begin again