2Wire BT firmware V6 VOIP Issue

Started by Gnix62, Jun 14, 2010, 16:04:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnix62

Hi,

I have a 2wire 2700HGV router which is running BT V6.1.1.22 firmware, I tried to set up its VOIP service ( not BT telecom), and had encountered some problem. The VOIP service was registered, But it only can receive call and cannot dial out. Anybody know what is the problem most likely.
I've try search the forum, but return no result.

your help is much appreciated.

Rik

Hi and welcome to the forum. :welc: :karma:

One of our experts will be along shortly. :)
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

kinmel

:welc:

I am afraid that V6 2700HGVs will only work with a BT VOIP account.

Any new information about V6 and VOIP will be listed HERE
Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

What is the date of the referendum for England to become an independent country ?

Simon

Simon.
--

Gnix62

Quote from: kinmel on Jun 14, 2010, 16:55:31
:welc:

I am afraid that V6 2700HGVs will only work with a BT VOIP account.

Any new information about V6 and VOIP will be listed HERE

Hi, I am not in UK, so BT VOIP account is no for me.
I've tested, it can register any VOIP account, but the out going call dialing process is half way cut after keyed 3rd digit, except the first dialed number is 1,  So it will not working on most VOIP providers since you cannot call out, but it is working on SIPPHONE VOIP perfectly.
Any work round?

kinmel

Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

What is the date of the referendum for England to become an independent country ?

MisterW

I'm interested that you appear to have got a VOIP account registered using v6 firmware. Was this unit originally configured for voip on v5 firmware and upgraded to v6 ? if not could you perhaps explain how you configured it on v6.
As regards the outgoing call problem, it isnt a problem with the PSTN breakout code is it ?
You can configure ( the v5 at least , not sure where on v6 ) using the first digit dialled to force the call through the PSTN rather than voip , the default on v5 is '5'. Maybe that is causing your call go out on PSTN, which then rejects the subsequent dialing sequence as invalid ( or maybe even your PSTN line isnt connected ? ) 

Gnix62

Hi,

Its original firmware is V5.29.117.3, since this firmware did not work for Voip, so I flashed to V6 which downloaded from http://bt2700hgv.tripod.com/ir1002700HGV.htm site. because it is a prematured firmware, I have to use some method to get on line as described on http://bt2700hgv.tripod.com/ir1002700HGV.htm web site.
The VOIP server page on this firmware is missing, so I have to copy that same page from other V6 firmware and to create the server profile.

The call problem is not related PSTN line back up, since I can have a opition to not back up the PSTN line. 

MisterW

QuoteIts original firmware is V5.29.117.3, since this firmware did not work for Voip, so I flashed to V6
Ah, that explains why you've been able to configure the voip server. It's not normally possible to do even that on a plain v6 version. I don't think anyone has been able to get voip working on v6 AFAIK and at the moment I'm lost as to any further suggestions.

Gnix62

Hi,

Although my modem is upgraded from V5 firmware to V6, but I have never used VOIP service in V5 firmware. and I just tested, after completely reset the V6 firmware modem, I am still able to configure the VOIP service.
So may be there is a chance that the current V6.1.1.48 firmware Modem to use VOIP service by downgrade to V6.1.1.22 first then configure the Voip service.

MisterW

QuoteSo may be there is a chance that the current V6.1.1.48 firmware Modem to use VOIP service by downgrade to V6.1.1.22 first
I didn't think it was possible to downgrade a V6.1.1.48 ?

Gnix62

Hi MisterW,

Thanks for the info.
Anyhow for the last chance, If you have that V6 router, could you try to use Opera  to open the page:
http://<Router Address>/xslt?PAGE=B_3_1, ignore the webpage display then view source, and replace the following source code then apply change to see whether it is possible for the V6.1.1.48 firmware to create the SIP profile? ( I've create the SIP profile use this method on V6.1.1.22 firmware.
-----------------------------------------------------------
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
    <title></title>
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" title="Main" href="/css/basic.css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" title="Main" href="/css/tabs.css" />
    <script type="text/javascript" src="/javascript/prototype.lite.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="/javascript/behaviour.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="/javascript/style.js"></script>
  </head>
  <body>
    <div id="container">
      <div id="logo"></div>
      <div id="header">
        <ul id="primary">
          <li>
            <a href="/xslt?PAGE=A_0_0">Home</a>
          </li>
          <li>
            <span>Services</span>
          </li>
          <li>
            <a href="/xslt?PAGE=C_0_0">Settings</a>
          </li>
          <li>
            <a href="/xslt?PAGE=D_0_0">Site Map</a>
          </li>
        </ul>
      </div>
      <div id="main">
        <div id="outercontainer">
          <div id="header2">
            <ul id="secondary">
              <li>
                <a href="/xslt?PAGE=B_0_0">Status</a>
              </li>
              <li>
                <span>Voice</span>
              </li>
            </ul>
          </div>
          <div id="innercontainer">
            <div id="contents">
              <div id="header3">
                <ul id="tertiary">
                  <li>
                    <a href="/xslt?PAGE=B_3_0">Status</a>
                  </li>
                  <li>
                    <span>
                      <a href="/xslt?PAGE=B_3_1">Server</a>
                    </span>
                  </li>
                  <li>
                    <a href="/xslt?PAGE=B_3_2">Line</a>
                  </li>
                  <li>
                    <a href="/xslt?PAGE=B_3_3">Phone</a>
                  </li>
                  <li>
                    <a href="/xslt?PAGE=B_3_4">Stats</a>
                  </li>
                </ul>
              </div>
              <h2>Servers</h2>
              <h4>Server </h4>
              <form name="pagepost" method="post" action="xslt?PAGE=B_3_1_POST&amp;NEXTPAGE=B_3_1_POST" id="pagepost">
                <input type="hidden" name="NONCE" value="04ff33cd158f06d" />
                <input type="hidden" name="THISPAGE" value="B_3_1" />
                <input type="hidden" name="PROF_ID" value="0" />
                <input type="hidden" name="SVRTYPE" value="SIP" />
                <table>
                  <tr>
                    <td>Enable</td>
                    <td>
                      <input type="checkbox" name="ENABLE" />
                    </td>
                  </tr>
                  <tr>
                    <td>Server Name</td>
                    <td>
                      <input type="text" name="NAME" size="17" value="profile1" />
                    </td>
                  </tr>
                  <tr>
                    <td>SIP Registrar Server</td>
                    <td>
                      <input type="text" name="REGSVRIP" size="17" value="xxxx.com" />
                    </td>
                  </tr>
                  <tr>
                    <td>Registrar Server Port</td>
                    <td>
                      <input type="text" name="REGSVRPT" size="17" value="5060" />
                    </td>
                  </tr>
                  <tr>
                    <td>User Agent Domain</td>
                    <td>
                      <input type="text" name="UADOMAIN" size="17" value="xxx.com" />
                    </td>
                  </tr>
                  <tr>
                    <td>Register Expire Time</td>
                    <td>
                      <input type="text" name="EXPTIME" size="17" value="3000" />
                    </td>
                  </tr>
                  <tr>
                    <td>Re-register Interval</td>
                    <td>
                      <input type="text" name="REGRETRY" size="17" value="300" />
                    </td>
                  </tr>
                </table>
                <input type="submit" class="button" value="Save" />
              </form>
              <br />
              <form name="pagepost" method="post" action="xslt?PAGE=B_3_1_MOD&amp;B_3_1_CMD=ADD&amp;VOIP_TYPE=SIP" id="pagepost">
                <input type="hidden" name="NONCE" value="04ff33cd158f06d" />
                <input type="submit" class="button" value="Add New Server" />
              </form>
            </div>
          </div>
        </div>
      </div>
    </div>
  </body>
</html>
--------------------------
Best regards.

kinmel

The URL leads to a "page not found", I view the source, delete the current entry, paste in your code and Apply Changes.

When I apply the changes in Opera the original Opera "page not found" entry on page http://<Router Address>/xslt?PAGE=B_3_1 changes to a new set up screen for SERVICES- Voice -Server.

However I am not able to do anything with it; any entries, page refresh, or new URL goes straight back to the "page not found" entry.

Your code does not persist in the router.
Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

Gnix62

Quote from: kinmel on Jun 20, 2010, 20:37:14
The URL leads to a "page not found", I view the source, delete the current entry, paste in your code and Apply Changes.

When I apply the changes in Opera the original Opera "page not found" entry on page http://<Router Address>/xslt?PAGE=B_3_1 changes to a new set up screen for SERVICES- Voice -Server.

However I am not able to do anything with it; any entries, page refresh, or new URL goes straight back to the "page not found" entry.

Your code does not persist in the router.

Hi,

It is exactly same thing happenening on my router with V6.1.1.22 firmware, however on the changed page, you can enter the VOIP server parameters, tick enable the server and save it, the system will prompt the system password. after you key in, the router will return to page not found.
But when you go to voice page B_3_2, there is a line association to the VOIP profile ( Profile1 that you just created).

Best regards.

Gnix62

kinmel

Success, so far !

Page B_3_2 is there and configurable too. The B_3_2 entries carry across to page B_3_3. (Settings - BT Broadband Voice - Phone )

I do not have a VOIP account to test whether it all works outside BT though, I will see what is available.
Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

Gnix62

Quote from: kinmel on Jun 21, 2010, 08:04:18
Success, so far !

Page B_3_2 is there and configurable too. The B_3_2 entries carry across to page B_3_3. (Settings - BT Broadband Voice - Phone )

I do not have a VOIP account to test whether it all works outside BT though, I will see what is available.

It is a good news, at least People on V6 firmware can try and test the VOIP on this router, possibly utilise this usefull function and find the way for the VOIP to work with common SIP providers and not only for the limited choice. This is the primary objectives for this post for me.

Best Regards.

Gnix62

MisterW

Hi folks,
Sorry for not responding earlier but been on hol for a few days.

Both of my 2700's are V5 so I can't try the v6 patch with my voip account.

QuoteI do not have a VOIP account to test whether it all works outside BT though, I will see what is available.
Alan, You used to be able to get a sipgate account for free. I've had one for a while which I don't normally use, its never had any credit put on it but it still works for incoming calls ( and presumably sip to sip calls! ).

kinmel

Quote from: MisterW on Jun 26, 2010, 15:53:58
Hi folks,
Sorry for not responding earlier but been on hol for a few days.

Both of my 2700's are V5 so I can't try the v6 patch with my voip account.
Alan, You used to be able to get a sipgate account for free. I've had one for a while which I don't normally use, its never had any credit put on it but it still works for incoming calls ( and presumably sip to sip calls! ).

I have a sipgate account too, but can't get it to work with the V6 , the status page has read "registering" since I set it up.  I assume I am entering the wrong info in the server setup page, can you remember the correct entries ?

On GNix62's new page I have to fill in the following server data :-

"Server name"                                              =      Profile4
"SIP Registrar Server "                                  =      sipgate.co.uk
"Registrar Server Port"                                  =      5060
"User Agent Domain"                                    =      sipgate.co.uk
"Register Expire Time"                                   =      3000
RE-Register Interval"                                     =      300

My sipgate account is correctly logging calls to my sipgate number, so the account at sipgate is correct, but I must need other entries to register the SIP

Until the SIP registers at Sipgate my Voip phone is failing over onto PSTN and incoming calls get a message from BT that the call cannot be connected.
Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

Gnix62

Hi kinmel,

Not sure on other V6 firmware, but for my V6.1.1.22 router, on the page ( B_3_1) you will enter profile1
and not profile4, then go to page B_3_2 to select the line to associate this profile and page B_3_3 to select the phone line.

regards.

kinmel

Quote from: Gnix62 on Jun 26, 2010, 21:35:13
Hi kinmel,

Not sure on other V6 firmware, but for my V6.1.1.22 router, on the page ( B_3_1) you will enter profile1
and not profile4, then go to page B_3_2 to select the line to associate this profile and page B_3_3 to select the phone line.

Whatever name you give to the server in page B_3_1 is offered as a server on page B_3_2 and I have tried using profile1 as the name.  Pages B_3_2 and B_3_3 set up with no problem.

The data I am entering into the server entries on page B_3_1 are wrong in some way and so the service fails to register with the  Sipgate server.

I suspect it is looking for the STUN: entry which your set up page does not use.

I will keep trying to identify what is wrong , or missing.

/MisterW

What entries do you make to set up Sipgate on the V5 ?

Thanks
Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

MisterW

QuoteWhat entries do you make to set up Sipgate on the V5 ?
Its a while since I used my 2700 for voip ( I find my Gigaset C475IP much more convenient! ) so I had to go and check.
Those server settings look fine to me, similar to those on the v5 ( see attached ). You've also got to supply your username and password somewhere in the configuration. On the v5 that was in the voip phone line setup http://home/xslt?PAGE=V03, not sure where that is on the v6.

[attachment deleted by admin]

kinmel

Thanks MisterW

the password etc is entered on the correct pages and I am not sure why it won't register with the sipgate server.

When the current outage is over I might try a V5 and check if that will register
Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

MisterW

My v5 registered ok on my sipgate account when I tried it during my checks this morning.

cancunia

Not sure if you're still around, but in any case a quick thanks to GNIX for the HURL13 hack. It works a treat on my Chrome based browser
My 'production' V5 2700HGV got hit by lightning a few days ago, fortunately I have a couple of spares so have now been testing V6.1.1.22 on a standby box. It did have the QWEST firmware but some devices would drop WiFi connections after a few days so decided to try out the BT V6.x firmware to see if the problem occurs again.
If anyone has copies of BT firmware for the 2700HGV other than 6.1.1.22, I'd be grateful for a link

Simon

Wow!  That's what I call a thread resurrection!   ;D
Simon.
--