Finally got 2 wire to forward multiple public ip's

Started by g7pkf, Apr 21, 2009, 10:07:50

Previous topic - Next topic

g7pkf

i have 5 static ip addresses on my system and have now figured out how to get a 2wire to forward them.

both with or without firewall protection.

it does it very strangely. If anyone else needs to do this i am going to have to re-do it soon and will do a step by step guide then.

if anyone needs to know how to do it before i do the write up let me know if you are struggling.

why you may ask? well a couple of gsm pico cells i have needed public ip's with absoloutely no nat.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

g7pkf

Strangely enough i have to do this for a rather large company that

well to put it bluntly should be able to do it themselves!!

but due to politics one department does not like the other and they are dragging there heels

so i have to go in later in the week and do it for them

i will not name them but put it this way some 2wires have been rebadged

with this companys name (well the first 2 letters of there full name)

Rik

Rik
--------------------

g7pkf

going in on Monday so write up will be forthcoming.

kinmel

Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

What is the date of the referendum for England to become an independent country ?

Sebby

g7pkf

How do I assign multiple static IP addresses?

Once you have set up your BT Business Hub, you can assign multiple static IP addresses.

Note:

To use multiple static IP addresses, you must have signed up for them when you ordered your  Broadband service or subscribed to them through Your account.

To assign multiple static IP addresses:

1. Open a browser and enter http://home in the address bar to display the hub's homepage:

BT Business Hub home

2. Select the Local Network tab.

3. Click on the Advanced link.

4. In the Public Network section of the Settings pane, check the Enable box.

5. In the Router Address field, enter the address of the router (hub). This can be found in your welcome emails and letters.

6. In the Subnet Mask field, do one of the following:

* If you are a subscriber of five public network static IP addresses, enter 255.255.255.248.

* If you are a subscriber of 13 public network static IP addresses, enter 255.255.255.240.

7. Click on the SAVE button.

8. After you have set up multiple static IP addresses, use one of the following methods to assign your LAN computers to the public static IP addresses:

* If, for example, the address of the router (hub) is 217.37.237.78 and the subnet mask address is 255.255.255.240, manually change the computer's TCP/IP settings from Obtain an IP address automatically to Use the following IP address.

* Select one of the usable static IP addresses, for example, 217.37.237.65 to 217.37.237.77. The BT Business Hub automatically detects the static IP address and removes it from the public static IP DHCP pool.

* Keep the computer in DHCP mode and use the BT Business Hub to provide either the same static IP address or any available IP address to the computer:

1. Open a browser and enter http://home in the address bar to display the hub's homepage.

2. Select the Local Network tab.

3. Click on the Advanced Settings link.

4. Click on the Edit Address Allocation button.

5. From the drop down list next to the computer to which you want to assign an IP address, select the required IP address.

6. Click on the SAVE button.

Note:

The BT Business Hub firewall protects those computers assigned to public static IP addresses. You may have to open specific ports if you plan to host certain applications.

Actually i started to do a write up then found the above "hidden" on the BT website, it also works with singtel firmware.

Sebby

Rik

Rik
--------------------