Connection problems

Started by zebrum, Jun 24, 2008, 23:35:09

Previous topic - Next topic

zebrum

Looks like my connection has a major failure right now. Almost full packet loss is happening. I used to get this once a week a few weeks ago but have been ok up until today.

Simon

I've made a new thread, so this gets noticed sooner, Zeb.  In the meantime, care to do a BT Speedtest, and post your router stats?
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Sebby

I think you need to get in touch with IDNet. Full packet loss is not normal at all, and there must be something seriously wrong with your connection that only IDNet can sort.

zebrum

Yep I emailed them again. My router stats are perfect and I can't do speed tests with the connection in this state. It is like every odd day I only get a few K throughput - it is so annoying. I email support and they say it has been passed to 2nd level diagnostics within BT, then a few days later they say my case was linked to a major service failure which has now cleared. And usually it doees take over 48 hours to get fixed. This is about the 5th time this has happened.

zebrum

Just to let you know support re-raised the fault with BT and it just now has been fixed.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Sebby