IDNet on Kitz' site

Started by Noreen, Jun 11, 2008, 10:06:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon

Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Ray

Ray
--------------------

doc_holiday

Quote from: Simon_idnet on Jun 24, 2008, 14:16:20
There was a post over on TB the other day that said "All they do is just give you bandwidth." (referring to ISP's using BT IPstream as opposed to LLU operators). Which is a rather narrow view, concerning itself (as it does) with the 'last mile' only. This view pays scant regard to the quality of the connection to a far away server in say, Germany or the US. We work hard to establish peering arrangements in as many different places as possible with as many different networks as possible in order to get your traffic to its destination via the shortest (quickest) path.

This was refreshing to read. The last time I heard something like this was when Adrian Mardlin was at the head of the once great Nildram. Way to go IDNet. With this attitude, you will keep my business for a very, very long time.

vitriol

agree with you there doc.

as an ex nildram customer your point stikes a particular chord

pup

Going slightly off topic, :sry:
what is the difference between ipstream, data stream an llu?
Pup

Sitting on the fence......
And Laughing at both sides.

Lance

Datastream is, I think, the same as LLU where the ISP has installed their own equipment in the exchange, and the user connects to that rather than BT's. IPStream is the standard type of package for a BT line. :)
Lance
_____

Noreen

pup

Pup

Sitting on the fence......
And Laughing at both sides.