Talk Talk sales guy knocked my door today

Started by Dont mention Talk Talk !!, Jul 02, 2008, 22:03:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Dont mention Talk Talk !!

I told him to CLEAR OFF and he looked shellshocked .

He then stammerred " but we are the cheapest you will find !! "

I said I didnt care and told him that Talk Talk are a travesty and didnt know the 1st thing about being an ISP.

He looked bewildered and I am positive I certainly was not what he was expecting. Before he could get going again , I told him to clear off once more and said cheerio.............wonder if talk talk cold sales guys get a warm reception at the front doors they knock or do others chase them away too. I feel nothing but sorrow for the poor sods who sign their contract, thank gawd i got out during the trial period is all I can say.

James

Simon

That smacks of desperation.  I wouldn't buy anything at the door even if I wanted it.  :)
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

scook94

I had them a while back, I told that guy that they were one of the worst rated ISPs around. He looked taken aback and feigned ignorance of anyone having problems!   ::)
Steven
--------

Sebby

Door-to-door telephone/broadband sales? That's a new one! :o

Rik

He's moonlighting - normally he does double-glazing. ;D
Rik
--------------------

Sebby

chrisga

Quote from: Simon on Jul 02, 2008, 22:10:06
That smacks of desperation.  I wouldn't buy anything at the door even if I wanted it.  :)

Quite right !

Always do research first,  and you usually find something better  - if not cheaper !
A lot of people  around here have a little notice up saying "we do not buy or sell from this door" printed by  the Local Authority.   I must  find out where you get them from  some time !

Simon

Yes, they often get printed in local papers, so people can cut them out and use them.
Simon.
--

Rik

Or you can download them as a PDF from Trading Standards.
Rik
--------------------

madasahatter

Quote from: scook94 on Jul 02, 2008, 22:37:28
I had them a while back, I told that guy that they were one of the worst rated ISPs around. He looked taken aback and feigned ignorance of anyone having problems!   ::)

That's probably because the poor guy knows absolutely nothing about Talk Talk except the guff he's been told during the (no doubt) very short sales training he's received before they sent him out into the big bad world. ;)