BT letter

Started by Noreen, Jul 14, 2008, 17:48:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

It seems unethical, Noreen, at the very least. I think my first reaction if I were to receive one would be to complain to Ofcom.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Noreen

Did you see this post on the latter site?
QuoteI phoned BT to ask them how they got this info re Tiscali customers and the line went dead.However,on the next attempt,I was told they (BT) got the info because we rent a line from BT.Got the impression they were not too happy about the call.

MoHux

I had a similar letter and 'CV' a couple of days back, but not from BT ........ from PIPEX!!  :shake:

Written as a job application, and saying they could do a better job supplying my business broadband, than my present provider!

I quote;   " ........ haven't you ever wondered how much difference a really professional service (their italics) could make to your business?"

And " ......... Totally dedicated, completely dependable and always there when you need me ................. "  :yeahright:

Having been  with F2S when they were scuttled by these people, there's no way!!  :no: :no: :no:

Mo
:pig:
"It's better to say nothing and be thought an idiot - than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Rik

Quote from: Noreen on Jul 14, 2008, 18:19:57
Did you see this post on the latter site?

Yes. Very questionable behaviour.
Rik
--------------------

Noreen

Seems very "iffy" to me.

Rik

It's exactly why Ofcom insisted on the separations within BT. This could turn into a clamour for a real break up of the company.
Rik
--------------------

Simon

I had one of the Pipex letters mentioned in the thread too.  At first, I thought it was some sort of scam!  Oh, wait...   :eyebrow:
Simon.
--

ST Driver

It looks like Pipex are as it as well a I have also had the letter and CV

I just shreaded it ;D
Steve
Grandad Racer

Sebby

We had one of those at the weekend. The funny thing is that we left Pipex in February 2007. ::)

vitriol

I got the Pipex "CV" too, shredded it, although I did contemplate sending it back with a letter not to bother me again.

Lance

I feel left out as I haven't had one! I've never been with Pipex though, and left Tis Tisc Ti the bunch of untrained monkeys a year and a half ago!
Lance
_____

Rik

Rik
--------------------

vitriol

I probably only got one because I left Nildram, which was a part of the pipex group until the Tiscali buyout, which was the final straw.

It is then that I joined IDNet.

Lance

and lived happily ever after!!!

:lol:
Lance
_____

Rik

Oddly, I got one from Pipex today, promising me a personal service - sold as if they were a consultancy...
Rik
--------------------

Sebby

I can't imagine they could offer any useful advice! :P

Simon

Quote from: Sebby on Jul 16, 2008, 20:31:57
I can't imagine they could offer any useful advice! :P

Other than how to turn a good ISP to sh*te!   ;D
Simon.
--

Sebby

Rik

I put it in the "Nice try" file. ;D
Rik
--------------------

Gary

Never been with any of them but the very idea people may happily shuffle off blindly into phorm land after this kind or in your face hard sell is just sad, there does really need to be a non biased way of getting to the mass audience of BB users and explain what is happening/will happen and what they are potentially letting themselves into :shake:
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Rik

You can lead a horse to water...  :(
Rik
--------------------

Gary

Quote from: Rik on Jul 17, 2008, 10:05:29
You can lead a horse to water...  :(
So true Rik
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Noreen

QuoteTiscali has begun legal proceedings against BT after the telco sent letters to its customers hoping to persuade them to swap to BT's broadband service.

The letter drew attention to rumours about the future of Tiscali's broadband service.

In a statement the firm said it had issued proceedings against BT "for defamation and malicious falsehood"..................
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7519625.stm