How can I see how much web space I have used?

Started by cs, Jul 14, 2008, 21:21:07

Previous topic - Next topic

cs

As per the thread title.

You can't just do right-click->Properties in ftp... So aside from downloading everything first, how can I see how much space I have used/have got left?

I have seen this before on the ISPs 'My controls' section but IDnet don't seem to have anything like this.

Cheers
Chris
Chris

Simon

What FTP client are you using, Chris?  Does that not tell you?
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

cs

I have tried several - SmartFTP, FileZilla, Classic FTP, WSFTP..... can't see a way other than d/l the whole lot....
Chris

Simon

I use WS_FTP, and if you look at the folder, and go up to the top level, it should tell you at the bottom of the screen (see below).

[attachment deleted by admin]
Simon.
--

cs

Thanks Simon, I am using Filezilla at the moment and that does something very similar - but isn't that just the total of all the files in the directory you are currently viewing, not the total for all subdirectories as well?
Chris

Simon

I thought that was the total, but curiously, using Fire_FTP on my laptop, it's showing as 30.83MB.  :dunno:
Simon.
--

cs

Strange, maybe its not counting hidden files or something.

I just installed WS_FTP to have a look, and its definatly just the total for the directory you are in. Mine shows just 16k at the top level but I know there is well over 100meg in the subfolders.

However - I just noticed that WS_FTP does have a properties item on the right click menu. And this will tell you the total in the selected directories!

What is the allowance with the broadband package? 200Meg or something right?

Thanks for pointing me towards WS_FTP again :thumb:
Chris

Simon

I think it depends on what package you have, and it ranges from 1GB to 3GB, which is a huge amount, compared to most other ISPs.
Simon.
--

Rik

It's worth remembering that the space is shared with blog and photo album, so if you have those too, you will only get an accurate answer by asking iDNet.
Rik
--------------------

Ted

Also worth noting that if you go to Customer Login/photo gallery/Quotas/modify you can reallocate the space between web and gallery. So if you don't use the gallery you can use all the space for your website.
Ted
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Rik

Rik
--------------------