Samknows issues first ISP report

Started by Noreen, Aug 03, 2008, 13:00:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Noreen

I believe that when this subject first came up on Samknows, several people here said that they were going to apply to get IDNet put on the list for later tests but I don't know whether they did.

Rik

I was put off by the bandwidth requirement, istr it was about 2GB/month.
Rik
--------------------

Sebby

Very interesting. I did apply, although IDNet wasn't listed. Sam did say that IDNet may be included in the future, though. :)

Lance

It would be interesting to see the results with a larger sample group, but considering the small sample already taken, the analysis looks pretty accurate!
Lance
_____

Sebby

I agree. It's a breath of fresh air to see some results with proper consideration behind them.

Tacitus

Quote from: Sebby on Aug 04, 2008, 14:29:52
I agree. It's a breath of fresh air to see some results with proper consideration behind them.

I agree.  What I found most interesting, is the praise heaped on Zen.  Although there are no reasons to suspect iDNet performs any worse, and may indeed be better in some circumstances, the fact that Zen's pricing is pretty much identical might prove a little disconcerting to Simon and Tim. 

In the end I think broadband provision will tend to equalise on price and and differences will boil down to quality of service.  It's here where the LLU providers may have the edge as they have more control over the product than those using BT wholesale.  This leaves exceptional service and good customer relationships as the main differentiator for the latter group, although there may exist some scope for strategic tie-ups with other services.  EG.  Tie-ins with a wireless provider for bundled deals.

Simon_idnet

If any of our customers were to be chosen for testing/monitoring of this sort we would ensure that they were not financially inconvenienced by this (we would pay for the bandwidth used).
Simon

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Tacitus

Quote from: Rik on Aug 04, 2008, 16:50:40
That's good of you, Simon.  :thumb:

Agreed - it's a good offer. 

Sebby

Quote from: Simon_idnet on Aug 04, 2008, 16:46:49
If any of our customers were to be chosen for testing/monitoring of this sort we would ensure that they were not financially inconvenienced by this (we would pay for the bandwidth used).
Simon

Wow - that's really good of you. :thumb:

Lance

That's really good, thanks Simon.
Lance
_____

Simon

Simon.
--

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Sebby

Simon

Simon.
--