Open University to broadcast on YouTube

Started by Noreen, Aug 03, 2008, 13:39:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Noreen

QuoteThe days of kipper tie-wearing academics broadcasting their lectures in the middle of the night may be long gone but the Open University hoped to recapture their essence with the launch of a new channel on YouTube today.

YouTube is the leading online video community that allows people to discover, watch and share originally created videos. "OUView" has over 300 videos that anyone can watch over the internet.

Video taken from OU courses is available on the OULearn channel and features household names such as the naturalist broadcaster Sir David Attenborough and the inventor James Dyson.

The videos cover subjects from arts and history to science and nature, in bite-sized chunks of two to three minutes each..................
http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2008/aug/01/openuniversity.highereducation

Inactive

I really miss the " oh so dated " look of the OU programmes.
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Rik

Me too, In. It would be like watching an episode of The Goodies again. ;)
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Simon

The Goodies never appealed to me at all.  I just couldn't see anything funny in them.
Simon.
--

Rik

Some of their stuff was funny at the time, but it would look very 'period' now, I'm sure.
Rik
--------------------