Eset Nod 32 update issues

Started by Gary, Aug 07, 2008, 08:03:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

Just a heads up to NOD users, there is some problems reported on the Wilders forum about updates, some people have not received any for uo to three days, so it may be worth checking your updates and making sure you are up to date, its easy not to notice such things sometimes http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=216325&page=6 its because a large update for users of version 2 which does not find active rootkits as well as version 3 has clogged the servers thus effecting many users of both version 2 and 3, just thought I would give Nod users a heads up the latest update is v.3334 (20080806) and the mission statement from Eset is this

"Some users have experienced delays or were unable to download recent virus signature updates. Normally, ESET produces incremental updates to the virus signature database which are very compact in size, averaging about 10KB per day.

However, over time, these incremental updates become very large in size. ESET regularly releases a larger base signature update that aggregates these into one large update.

Unfortunately, a capacity issue on our server caused a delay in pushing out the latest large update package. ESET NOD32 Antivirus 3.0's updating mechanism is architected in such a way that users were able to download a much smaller update file; users of version 2.x were mostly impacted. Users with a valid NOD32 2.x license have always been able to upgrade to 3.x at no cost.

We anticipate that all users will have downloaded the update by now and ESET has made infrastructure changes to ensure that such capacity issues do not occur in the future"
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

psp83

Thanks.

Didn't notice no problems here though ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Gary

Quote from: psp83 on Aug 07, 2008, 08:41:28
Thanks.

Thats good, hopefully most will not but having strolled through the forums late last night I thought I would post it just in case someone had not checked :thumb: glad all is ok

Sebby

Quote from: psp83 on Aug 07, 2008, 08:41:28

You didn't notice that you're running Vista? ;D :out:

Gary

Quote from: Sebby on Aug 07, 2008, 09:17:58
You only notice problems running XP Sebby, its the holes where the moths have eaten through that give it away and that if you call support they are called cold case ;) ;D

Sebby

Gary

Quote from: Sebby on Aug 07, 2008, 09:24:45
:hehe:
You are a very naughty boy Sebby (done in best Monty Python voice) ;D

psp83

Quote from: Sebby on Aug 07, 2008, 09:17:58

Hehe,

I quite like vista ;D
Been using it most of the year on my laptop.

Inactive

Quote from: psp83 on Aug 07, 2008, 09:38:19
Hehe,

I quite like vista ;D
Been using it most of the year on my laptop.

Nobody's perfect ...  ;D :out:
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Inactive

No problems with AVG 8..... :out:
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Gary

Inactive

Gary

Quote from: Inactive on Aug 07, 2008, 10:59:32
TMI .. ;D
in the words of slashdot it means "Slimy anti-virus provider AVG is spamming the internet with deceptive traffic pretending to be Internet Explorer. Essentially, users of the software automatically pre-crawl search results, which is bad, but they do so with an intentionally generic user agent. This is flooding websites with meaningless traffic (on Slashdot, we're seeing them as like 6% of our page traffic now). Best of all, they change their UA to avoid being filtered by websites who are seeing massive increases in bandwidth from worthless robots"

drummer

NOD32 automatic update seems to be working now.  Mine stopped updating on the 28th July and updated to signature 3338 at 09:30 this morning.

Not the first time it's happened, so I wasn't too bothered.
To stay is death but to flee is life.

Gary

Quote from: drummer on Aug 08, 2008, 21:29:33
NOD32 automatic update seems to be working now.  Mine stopped updating on the 28th July and updated to signature 3338 at 09:30 this morning.

Not the first time it's happened, so I wasn't too bothered.
Thing is I use Nod on a laptop and I had update issues (had not switched it on for a week thought I better try it) I had to press manual update to get latest definitions, even though Nod is good heuristics wise, signatures are still needed, just wish they could sort out their server loads when pushing out big updates, hopefully they will work on that  :(