Fake CNN alerts

Started by Noreen, Aug 11, 2008, 11:25:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Inactive

I have stopped getting them these days Gary, I used to get them by the van load.
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Rik

Quote from: Killhippie on Aug 14, 2008, 09:31:28
I doubt it will ever stop Rik, on googlemail I have cheap watches, and buy a university diploma, as my spam at the moment oh and those "your bank/building society account" has been compromised, you know the ones, from banks and building societies you are  not even with ::)

I do indeed, Gary. Why they think "If you are not a customer, don't bother to respond..." isn't a bit of a giveaway continues to amaze me.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Gary

Quote from: Inactive on Aug 14, 2008, 09:33:42
I have stopped getting them these days Gary, I used to get them by the van load.
I have bouts of them on googlemail a few on yahoo and so far all clear on IDnet and my domain :fingers:
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Gary

Quote from: Rik on Aug 14, 2008, 09:34:20
I do indeed, Gary. Why they think "If you are not a customer, don't bother to respond..." isn't a bit of a giveaway continues to amaze me.
The thing is people without accounts with those banks etc still open these emails. Back to that course on using a pc yet again :(

Inactive

Quote from: Killhippie on Aug 14, 2008, 09:44:48
I have bouts of them on googlemail a few on yahoo and so far all clear on IDnet and my domain :fingers:

Why not use 02 email Gary ???

Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Captain K

Quote from: Killhippie on Aug 14, 2008, 09:46:25
Back to that course on using a pc yet again :(

We need an "internet driving licence".  The test would require you to demonstrate that you're fully aware that parts of your body are never going to grow any bigger, no matter what drugs you take, that you understand that there might be more than meets the eye to kind businessmen from Nigeria who seem very keen to give you astronomical amounts of cash, and that you know that attractive young ladies don't spontaneously send you pictures of themselves naked because they want to be friendly.
:doh:
That said, I can still dream about the third one. >:D
Bruce.

I don't trust Camels.  Or any other creature that can go a week without a drink.

Inactive

Rik

Dream? I thought it was real. ;D
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Niall

Just noticed this thread. I started getting these emails via my website email, about 2 weeks ago. 90% of them are getting caught by the filter, but about 10 a day are still getting through. This new windows live doesn't seem to have decent filters that I can see :(
Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy

Gary

Quote from: Inactive on Aug 14, 2008, 09:55:58
Why not use 02 email Gary ???

I use it for mobile email for friends as I get free email pused to my phone if i go out, and thats rare as you know , In. But I have enough email addresses as it is and my domain works well, and to be honest IDNets iron clad servers are better than anything you get free from an ISP

Inactive

I have been using O2 since the days of Genie, when it was owned by BT, never had any problems whatsoever.

:thumb:

Gary

Quote from: Inactive on Aug 17, 2008, 12:50:00
I have been using O2 since the days of Genie, when it was owned by BT, never had any problems whatsoever.

:thumb:
Genie, that takes me back In ;D

Inactive

I still use the " genie " email addie, tho' it works as O2 as well. ;D

Gary

Quote from: Inactive on Aug 17, 2008, 13:28:21
I still use the " genie " email addie, tho' it works as O2 as well. ;D
Genie sims had so many advantages with free things as well, those were the days