Everything owned by Microsoft is down for me! MSN, Xbox Live, - the lot!

Started by netgem21, Aug 19, 2008, 18:22:45

Previous topic - Next topic

netgem21

Since this morning, I can't access microsoft.com, xbox.com, MSN Messenger or Xbox Live. Nothing at all has changed in my internet configuration since yesterday. I did the Test Connection on Xbox Live and it gives me a different error every time, ranging between DNS Fail, MTU Fail and Xbox Live Fail.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Rik

Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Steve

Had lots of trouble yesterday with xbox support and I see today cant connect to the sites you listed either I tried openDNS with no success
Steve
------------

netgem21

Quote from: stevethegas on Aug 19, 2008, 18:33:16
Had lots of trouble yesterday with xbox support and I see today cant connect to the sites you listed either I tried openDNS with no success

Rik: Yep, I've rebooted the router and the WAPs around the house to no avail.

I've just contacted IDNet over the phone and apparently they've been getting quite a few calls this afternoon about them not being apple to make a 'peering link' or something with Microsoft.com

The sites are operational according to www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com.

IDNet says the issues should be resolved hopefully by this evening, if not, the morning.

Rik

Sounds like they've identified where the routing has gone down, then. We see this very occasionally, where the link from a peering point appears to be working from both ends, but has, in fact, turned into a black hole. It's usually sorted quite quickly once the problem has been located. If the link can't be restored, IDNet will route around it.
Rik
--------------------

netgem21

Quote from: Rik on Aug 19, 2008, 18:41:09
Sounds like they've identified where the routing has gone down, then. We see this very occasionally, where the link from a peering point appears to be working from both ends, but has, in fact, turned into a black hole. It's usually sorted quite quickly once the problem has been located. If the link can't be restored, IDNet will route around it.

That's good to know. Hopefully it'll be back up soon. Thanks for the explanation!  :D

Rik

Rik
--------------------

net91

Having the same issue here.

Quote from: net91 on Aug 19, 2008, 19:41:06
I have been trying to follow steps from Microsoft support for the issue I have discused on this thread. However I have been unable to sign into Windows Live messenger (on Windows or Mac, or webbased messenger) this evening. I can normally use Windows Live messenger using the Windows application as normal. (I can also not access the Hotmail from windows or mac.)

Is anyone else unable to sign into Windows Live Messenger at the moment?

(I am receiving error code 80072ee2 from the windows windows live messenger application.)

Sounds like IDNet are on it now.  :thumb:

Dan

cavillas

It seems that Microsoft are unreachable at the moment although I can connect using windows messenger ok but none of the Microsoft sites.
------
Alf :)

PetFish

I too can confirm this problem - Very fustrating :( IDNet tech support number is engaged too :( Hopefully sorted soon :/
//PetFish

Ann

That makes sense then, as to why I can't login to MSN Messenger tonight.  Ah well..

Ann

Philip

hope it's sorted soon, my daughter is driving me mental about not getting on MSN. I just blamed BT which seems to have pacified her  :hehe:

amn36

So pleased I found this forum!! I'm having the same "anything but microsoft" problem. Is there a workaround or anything for this? Is it just a DNS error? Can we use an HTTP proxy or anything? Microsoft is a pretty important set of services on teh web for me and not having access to it is pretty frustrating  >:(

net91

Hi amn36, and welcome to the forum.

:welcome:

I have tried a few web based msn compatible applications as well as adium on mac, and windows live messenger on windows with no luck. I have also got adium set to connect via http which makes no difference.

Sorry I've not got anything more usefull to say. Hopfully idnet will have things sorted soon.
Dan

hellyl

Heya all

I have just joined the forums, as am having the same hotmail/msn and microsoft web page issues.  Rather infuriating as hotmail is my main email, any news on the problem being resolved?

As for web based msn I use ILoveIm.com

Helen x

net91

Hi hellyl, and welcome to the forum as well.

Unfortunately I don't know anything new about the problem being resolved. Are you still able to connect via the ILoveIM.com service?
Dan

hellyl

Quote from: net91 on Aug 19, 2008, 21:49:40
Hi hellyl, and welcome to the forum as well.

Unfortunately I don't know anything new about the problem being resolved. Are you still able to connect via the ILoveIM.com service?

Thankyou for the welcome.

yeap am connecting fine to the ILoveIM service, tho I find it a bit of a nightmare to use!

Helen x

XR219

Hi Guys,

The post below entited "It started last night" has more info on this problem. It is not a DNS issue as I've tried the OpenDNS servers but to no avail. Something in IDnet land is actively blocking HTTP to any Microsoft site (including messenger). I have connected through to my corporate network using my VPN and can access all of the microsoft sites, so this deffinately seems to be something IDnet specific. Very poor show that they haven't put a note up on their network status page.  :shake:

amn36

I agree that some kind of notice should have been up on the status page. It would be nice to know that IDNet were actively doing something about it. I've only been using this ISP for a few months and so far I've had connection problems. major e-mail problems for over a week and now I can't access anything from Microsoft.

Could someone please reassure me that it's worth staying with this ISP?

net91

Quote from: hellyl on Aug 19, 2008, 21:52:10
yeap am connecting fine to the ILoveIM service, tho I find it a bit of a nightmare to use!

I've just got on successfully using iloveim.com as well. ;D Odd as I couldn't get on using other on line services such as ebuddy.

Thanks for pointing out that site.  :thumb:
Dan

XR219

Hi Amn,

I had nightmare connection problems originally, and assumed it was my router (A zyxel 660) I got another one and had the same problem particularly prone to dropping the connection when streaming video (iPlayer etc) the router would need a reboot to reconnect. I've changed my router to a Linksys (Cisco)  and it seems to be much better a dealing with the funnies and very rarely now get disconnected. Bare in mind (as with most ISP's) the git in the exchange is BT's stuff, unless your ISP has been allowed to put their own kit in (LLU), so the connection problems you are having will not necessarily disappear when you change ISP. The reason I went for Linksys (cisco) is that almost all of the internal network infrastructure backbone, regardless of the ISP is Cisco and from business experience Cisco kit works very well with other Cisco kit. May seem drastic, but may be worth a go.  I've just read another topic further down the support thread about problems with IDnet mail showing up as untrusted in hotmail. Apparently, there was some problem with the idnet mail server recently?  ( i don't know, I don't use idnet mail) So I wonder is Microsoft blocking idnet IP addresses at the minute for some reason?

wrtpeeps

xbox.com unreachable.

cannot connect using 360 to xbox live, fails at either MTU or ICMP.

Highly annoying.   :(
Don't eat yellow snow.

Cowie

Am getting the same here for XBL,did all the usual stuff,reboots etc.... run a speedtest through speedtest.net and where my speeds have been approaching 7000 d/l it's hovering around the 1000 mark,so this suggests an idnet issue ? would that be right? ???

Ian

Philip

I'm expecting one of the forum staff to be along shortly, who may be able to shed some light on the matter :thumb:

LadFromWales85

Had issues connecting to xbox.com since the early hours of today.  I was able to get there this morning, very slowly, aside from that, nothing.
Can't connect to Live either...
Hoping the issue is being remedied as we speak!

Ann

hellyl

Quote from: Ann on Aug 19, 2008, 22:44:02
MSN messenger is back for me.

wohoo, and for me too also hotmail is working for me.

Helen x

johnny5

Working for me now as well. :)

Look what idnet had to build to fix the problem! :o :rofl:

[attachment deleted by admin]

XR219

I don't think its fixed fixed.... up and down like a yoyo. Still can't get to live.com mail servers. Me suspects this is still being worked on.  :fingers:

Inactive

Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Cowie

just checked again and i'm getting

and then this,within a minute of each other

not very stable at all  :(

Ian

Simon

Quote from: The Doctor on Aug 19, 2008, 22:31:59
I'm expecting one of the forum staff to be along shortly, who may be able to shed some light on the matter :thumb:

Quote from: netgem21 on Aug 19, 2008, 18:35:57IDNet says the issues should be resolved hopefully by this evening, if not, the morning.

Sorry Doc, and everyone, but I know nothing more than we have been told earlier, although services do seem to be coming back sporadically now.  Hopefully things will be closer to normality in the morning.

Oh, and to all the new members - :welc:
Simon.
--

Inactive

Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

PetFish

//PetFish

PetFish

Just ran another test to make sure, seems pretty solid to me now! :) Good work!
//PetFish

Cowie

Ian

Steve

Agree download speeds have returned but still slow and intermittent with microsoft sites but at least I connect eventually today.
Steve
------------

Steve

From the network status page

We have as seen a sharp increase in traffic across our network this week, due to the popularity of the Olympics online. This is not only affecting our network but also many exchanges, Internet transit links, and other ISPs that we peer with are also affected. As a result, many users are likely to experience slower speeds than usual, especially during peak hours.

May explain the slow speeds last night,Unfortunately my eldest son so frustrated sneaked down last night and rebooted the router, I was reminded of pipex.However it does not give an explanation for the microsoft issue which is still on going ,my tracerts to them this am are still poor. I note another member last night was able to connect to microsoft via VPN through his company's connection whilst Idnet users had no connection.Surely that therefore needed an explanation from idnet if only to stop my son rebooting the router at the worst time of the day. My downstream attenuation is low, so sync not affected but for others tempted to reboot this might not have been the case.
Steve
------------

Rik

I have spoken to IDNet. I'm told that the problem lays at the Microsoft end of the chain, and is being experienced by other ISPs. One thing which might help is tweaking MTU.
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Rik

Couldn't agree more, In, and it presents a dilemma for ISPs. This is the first Olympics when the iPlayer has been available, so there's no experience to have drawn on in terms of planning, and clearly demand has been much higher than any ISP expected. If this proves to be a one-off phenomenon every four years, there's no way that they can increase capacity 'for the duration'. That leaves them with a choice of apologising for the problem when it happens, or increasing capacity to cope regardless, which will mean increasing charges to pay for it.
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

As if there wasn't enough coverage on the TV, every news item seems to relate to the bloody Olympics, even local news just needs to find some obscure link and they fill the slot with this dire rubbish.

Of course we have won more medals, almost all of the Lottery Funding has been thrown at it, some " good cause "..  ::)..The cycling team even have a " trick cyclist " travelling with them for Christ sake..  :rant2:

Why anyone would want to watch it via iPlayer is beyond my comprehension, perhaps it is time to have another look at iPlayer if it causes these problems.

( Rant over )..  ;D

net91

I've successfully connect to my windows live account via adium this morning.  ;D
Dan

Rik

Quote from: Inactive on Aug 20, 2008, 09:52:20
perhaps it is time to have another look at iPlayer if it causes these problems.

I share your feelings on the 'sport', In. As to iPlayer, I just wonder whether it will have to become a subscription service to be sustainable for ISPs?
Rik
--------------------

Rik

Quote from: net91 on Aug 20, 2008, 09:56:40
I've successfully connect to my windows live account via adium this morning.  ;D

So, signs of improvement?
Rik
--------------------

tomharrison

Also makes you wonder just how much money this is costing the BBC for the extra bandwidth to provide the live streaming, and just how much our licence fee will have to increase next year to recoup the cost...  :mad:.

I fully agree with what you say Rik about a temporary increase in bandwidth just to cover the Olympic games would be not be feasible without IDNet having to increase prices, but with all the talk of television broadcasts being moved to an IPTV format, the capacity is inevitably going to be needed at some point in the future.

Not that IDNet planning ahead will help since we are all stuck with BT Wholesale and I think it's fair to say that their network will simply collapse with more on-demand and HD streaming services cropping up :(
Tom
IDNet Home Max

vitriol

Rik

Couldn't agree more, Tom. The real solution is, of course, fibre to the home, and that's not going to happen for a long time, if at all.
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Quote from: Rik on Aug 20, 2008, 09:57:48
I share your feelings on the 'sport', In. As to iPlayer, I just wonder whether it will have to become a subscription service to be sustainable for ISPs?

I would very much hope that it does Rik..  ;)

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Inactive

The BBC should never have started this service in the first place IMO, they should concentrate our funds to their normal activity, instead of wasting it on this extension to the service. :mad:

Rik

Well, we know how good the BBC are at self-promotion. :( What has always irritated me is they they expect others, ie ISPs, to meet the cost of the iPlayer traffic, yet they pay for satellite and terrestrial broadcast. It seems that they have a strange view of the economics. IAC, given facilities like Sky+, DTT HDD recorders and even VCRs, why do they need to provide yet another way to view programmes?
Rik
--------------------

net91

Quote from: Rik on Aug 20, 2008, 09:58:35
So, signs of improvement?

I have been able to stay signed fine so far, unlike just before this issue started where I kept being signed out frequently. It all seems OK to me at the moment.
Dan

Inactive

Quote from: Rik on Aug 20, 2008, 10:13:52
. IAC, given facilities like Sky+, DTT HDD recorders and even VCRs, why do they need to provide yet another way to view programmes?

Exactly, surplus baggage as far as I am concerned, they should fund it, or dump it, preferably the latter.

Rik

Quote from: net91 on Aug 20, 2008, 10:16:19
I have been able to stay signed fine so far, unlike just before this issue started where I kept being signed out frequently. It all seems OK to me at the moment.

That's good.  :thumb:
Rik
--------------------

Rik

Quote from: Inactive on Aug 20, 2008, 10:19:11
Exactly, surplus baggage as far as I am concerned, they should fund it, or dump it, preferably the latter.

Luddites to the left, please, pass right on down the carriage... ;)
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Simon

Quote from: Rik on Aug 20, 2008, 09:30:57
Couldn't agree more, In, and it presents a dilemma for ISPs. This is the first Olympics when the iPlayer has been available, so there's no experience to have drawn on in terms of planning, and clearly demand has been much higher than any ISP expected. If this proves to be a one-off phenomenon every four years, there's no way that they can increase capacity 'for the duration'. That leaves them with a choice of apologising for the problem when it happens, or increasing capacity to cope regardless, which will mean increasing charges to pay for it.

So, we're looking forward to the London Olympics in 2013 then.   :mad:
Simon.
--

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Simon

Simon.
--

XR219

To be fair, its not just a Beeb thing as they are all at it.  ITV, C4 even Channel5! The technology is good, and it is a good facility to have...  but what we need in Blighty is propper network infrastructure... ala Estonia (believe it or not!) And wired infrastructure (of any type) is old hat. The way forward will be highspeed (draft N style) Wireless mesh type system, of which several already exist.... just not in the UK.

BT trialed fibre to the home in the late 80's ( I remember it being on tomorrows world) at a new housing development near bristol. Trouble was when ADSL came allong, none of the punters could get broadband, so it was all ripped out and replaced by copper! lol   :)

Rik

I agree with you. The only real solution is fibre. In the meantime, ISPs are not being helped by BT sliping backwards on delivery dates for WBC, both in terns of their own connections and those of their customers.
Rik
--------------------

Mytheroo

BT are still installing fibre as they have had to overlay copper to give broadband to the new estate i live on. Not sure if it is local roadside-box to exchange link, and the house-to-roadside-box is still copper.

Regarding iPlayer, there was discussion of hosting the files in each exchange, totally bypassing the ISP's network. This feels workable IMO
There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Mytheroo

not heard any more no, but my instinct is that it's a good solution. Even a 300gb drive would probably hold 80% of the TV shows ppl stream. Wouldn't take much to decide what to store on it, shouldn't be too hard to upload to it.  Maybe all this is too logical and easy though  :)
There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Rik

Way too easy for the juggernauts of the comms world to get their heads round. :(
Rik
--------------------

netgem21

- Everything Xbox seems to be down again... Any ideas? Thanks  :D

Rik

None, I never use Xbox. Have a word with support if no-one chips in here.
Rik
--------------------

Rik

Just spoken to support, can you do a tracert and let me have the target IP address so I can test too.
Rik
--------------------

netgem21

Quote from: Rik on Mar 31, 2009, 15:15:47
Just spoken to support, can you do a tracert and let me have the target IP address so I can test too.

??? Sorry, I don't know what that is :S What do I need to do? :)
Thanks for helping by the way! :D

Update: MSN and Passport Services seems to have just dropped out too.

Rik

I can browse to MSN. A traceroute looks like this:

tracert www.msn.com

Tracing route to us.port.msn.com.nsatc.net [65.54.152.225]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     1 ms     1 ms     1 ms  home [192.168.1.254]
  2    22 ms    21 ms    23 ms  telehouse-gw2-lo1.idnet.net [212.69.63.51]
  3    22 ms    21 ms    21 ms  telehouse-gw3-g0-1-400.idnet.net [212.69.63.243]
  4    24 ms    23 ms    19 ms  redbus-gw2-g0-1-331.idnet.net [212.69.63.5]
  5    91 ms    90 ms    92 ms  80.253.101.249
  6    91 ms    92 ms    90 ms  ge-3-0-0-0.nyc-64cb-1b.ntwk.msn.net [207.46.37.45]
  7    95 ms    90 ms    92 ms  ge-0-0-0-0.nyc-64cb-1a.ntwk.msn.net [207.46.37.149]
  8   115 ms   116 ms   113 ms  ge-1-0-0-0.chg-64cb-1b.ntwk.msn.net [207.46.41.197]
  9   112 ms     *      113 ms  ge-7-0-0-0.chg-64cb-1a.ntwk.msn.net [207.46.41.213]
10   156 ms   156 ms   155 ms  ge-3-3-0-0.co2-64c-1b.ntwk.msn.net [207.46.41.194]
11   161 ms   159 ms   167 ms  ge-1-2-0-0.wst-64cb-1b.ntwk.msn.net [207.46.35.189]
12   156 ms   159 ms   159 ms  ge-1-0-0-0.tuk-64cb-1a.ntwk.msn.net [207.46.40.26]
13   159 ms   155 ms   159 ms  ten1-4.tuk-76c-1a.ntwk.msn.net [207.46.36.33]
14   166 ms   155 ms   161 ms  gig8-11.tuk-6nf-8b.ntwk.msn.net [207.46.38.162]

15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
16     *        *        *     Request timed out.
17     *        *        *     Request timed out.
18     *        *        *     Request timed out.
19     *        *     gig8-11.tuk-6nf-8b.ntwk.msn.net [207.46.38.162]  reports:
Destination net unreachable.

Trace complete.

It may be that your router needs to be reset or is using the wrong MTU.
Rik
--------------------

netgem21

Quote from: Rik on Mar 31, 2009, 15:26:34
I can browse to MSN. A traceroute looks like this:

tracert www.msn.com

Tracing route to us.port.msn.com.nsatc.net [65.54.152.225]

1     1 ms     1 ms     1 ms  home [192.168.1.254]
  4    24 ms    23 ms    19 ms  redbus-gw2-g0-1-331.idnet.net [212.69.63.5]
  5    91 ms    90 ms    92 ms  80.253.101.249
  6    91 ms    92 ms    90 ms  ge-3-0-0-0.nyc-64cb-1b.ntwk.msn.net [207.46.37.45]
  7    95 ms    90 ms    92 ms  ge-0-0-0-0.nyc-64cb-1a.ntwk.msn.net [207.46.37.149]
  8   115 ms   116 ms   113 ms  ge-1-0-0-0.chg-64cb-1b.ntwk.msn.net [207.46.41.197]
  9   112 ms     *      113 ms  ge-7-0-0-0.chg-64cb-1a.ntwk.msn.net [207.46.41.213]
10   156 ms   156 ms   155 ms  ge-3-3-0-0.co2-64c-1b.ntwk.msn.net [207.46.41.194]
11   161 ms   159 ms   167 ms  ge-1-2-0-0.wst-64cb-1b.ntwk.msn.net [207.46.35.189]
12   156 ms   159 ms   159 ms  ge-1-0-0-0.tuk-64cb-1a.ntwk.msn.net [207.46.40.26]
13   159 ms   155 ms   159 ms  ten1-4.tuk-76c-1a.ntwk.msn.net [207.46.36.33]
14   166 ms   155 ms   161 ms  gig8-11.tuk-6nf-8b.ntwk.msn.net [207.46.38.162]

15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
16     *        *        *     Request timed out.
17     *        *        *     Request timed out.
18     *        *        *     Request timed out.
19     *        *     gig8-11.tuk-6nf-8b.ntwk.msn.net [207.46.38.162]  reports:
Destination net unreachable.

Trace complete.

It may be that your router needs to be reset or is using the wrong MTU.

How to I do the tracert? I've reset the router and this only started happening recently (within the hour) and no settings have changed. Can you access this link?

http://live.xbox.com/en-GB/default.aspx

Rik

I can access the link with no problems. I knew you'd re-booted the router, but we're talking about the possible need to do a factory reset.

To do a trace link, Hit Start > Run > CMD <enter>, then type tracert followed by the site you want to access, eg www.msn.com.

Do you know what mTU value you are using?
Rik
--------------------

netgem21

Quote from: Rik on Mar 31, 2009, 15:33:44
I can access the link with no problems. I knew you'd re-booted the router, but we're talking about the possible need to do a factory reset.

To do a trace link, Hit Start > Run > CMD <enter>, then type tracert followed by the site you want to access, eg www.msn.com.

Do you know what mTU value you are using?

I'm a Mac user - where do I find the MTU value?

Rik

It's in your router, so if you access the router from your browser, you should be able to find the value. Ignore the tracert instructions, though, they are pure Windows. Support would be able to give you mac specific instructions.
Rik
--------------------

netgem21

OK, I still can't find anything about MTU but it's randomly started working now. Guess support found the issue. Thanks Rik! :)

Rik

Not necessarily, they had no problems with the site when I spoke to them, so it may have been just that one part of the site that was affected.

What router do you have?
Rik
--------------------

RichR

For tracert on OS X either use Network Utility in /Applications/Utilities. Click on the Traceroute tab, enter the IP address you're interested in and click start.
If you're feeling brave you can use Terminal, also in /Applications/Utilities, and type traceroute www.msn.com

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Sebby

Quote from: RichR on Mar 31, 2009, 15:49:28
For tracert on OS X either use Network Utility in /Applications/Utilities. Click on the Traceroute tab, enter the IP address you're interested in and click start.
If you're feeling brave you can use Terminal, also in /Applications/Utilities, and type traceroute www.msn.com

Good to know! :thumb:

D-Dan

I have to admit that I haven't read all this thread, but I started at the beginning and came straight to the end to see if there had been a change of focus. So if this has been mentioned, I apologise.

Conficker blocks access to all sites with "microsoft" in the url, amongst others including "antivir", "conficker" and several others. A quick test would be to google "conficker" and look for a result where "conficker" is part of the URL, and try to access it. If you can't get there either, come back because there's a way around it to get to the removal tools.

Steve

Edit: BTW - the virus is set to activate tomorrow - so if you have suspicions you may be infected - act now.
Have I lost my way?

This post doesn't necessarily represent even my own opinions, let alone anyone else's

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Sebby

Quote from: D-Dan on Mar 31, 2009, 19:51:30
Edit: BTW - the virus is set to activate tomorrow - so if you have suspicions you may be infected - act now.

Exactly, act now - get rid of Windows! :whistle:

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Sebby

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Sebby

Rik

Rik
--------------------

uxbod

would somebody please try getting to www.zimbra.com or www.zimbra.com/forums for me please ? I cannot get to any of these sites at all.  Worked fine first thing this morning.  Yet I get alerts of thread updates; and one of the other mods says he can connect just fine :(

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Rik

GW6 atm. Routing shouldn't be affected by gateway, though.
Rik
--------------------

Rik

A tracert for me shows:

tracert www.zimbra.com

Tracing route to www1.zimbra.mail.vip.ac4.yahoo.net [76.13.17.53]

1     1 ms     1 ms    <1 ms  home [192.168.1.254]
  4    22 ms    23 ms    25 ms  redbus-gw2-g0-1-331.idnet.net [212.69.63.5]
  5   101 ms   102 ms   100 ms  83.245.126.11
  6   101 ms    98 ms    98 ms  xe-2-0-0.msr2.ac2.yahoo.com [216.115.108.127]
  7   100 ms   102 ms    98 ms  te-9-1.bas-b1.ac4.yahoo.com [76.13.0.207]
  8   107 ms   100 ms   100 ms  www1.zimbra.mail.vip.ac4.yahoo.net [76.13.17.53]

Trace complete.

Rik
--------------------

uxbod

snap ... this is so weird :(

Yet my traceroute is different on GW6 :-

cisco877#traceroute www.zimbra.com

Translating "www.zimbra.com"...domain server (212.69.36.3) [OK]

Type escape sequence to abort.
Tracing the route to www1.zimbra.mail.vip.ac4.yahoo.net (76.13.17.53)

1 telehouse-gw2-lo2.idnet.net (212.69.63.55) 40 msec 48 msec 48 msec
  2 telehouse-gw3-g0-1-400.idnet.net (212.69.63.243) 40 msec 48 msec 52 msec
  3 redbus-gw2-g0-1-331.idnet.net (212.69.63.5) 40 msec 40 msec 44 msec
  4 83.245.126.11 120 msec 112 msec 104 msec
  5 xe-2-0-0.msr1.ac2.yahoo.com (216.115.108.123) 108 msec
    xe-7-0-0.msr1.ac2.yahoo.com (216.115.108.125) 112 msec
    xe-2-0-0.msr1.ac2.yahoo.com (216.115.108.123) 124 msec
  6 te-8-1.bas-b1.ac4.yahoo.com (76.13.0.205) 116 msec 116 msec
    te-9-1.bas-b2.ac4.yahoo.com (76.13.0.211) 112 msec
  7  *  *  *

Rik

It looks like your IP address may be being blocked - can you ask anyone at the site?
Rik
--------------------

uxbod

Cheers Rik ... I have pinged a couple of the employees to see if they can check it out for me ... Well gets me out of some moderating I guess ;)

Rik

Unfortunately, I'm not in your IP range to test, and IDNet are all in the same range as me. :( If it's of any use, I can ping you fine (I'll PM a tracert if you want one).
Rik
--------------------

uxbod

It a internal network issue @ Yahoo :) Thanks for your help Rik (again) :)

Rik

Rik
--------------------