Ofcom Statement.

Started by Inactive, Dec 13, 2006, 11:34:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Inactive

Ofcom today announced new rules intended to ensure that customers are able to switch to a different broadband provider quickly and easily. This follows a public consultation published in August.

From 14 February 2007, General Condition 22: Service Migrations will require broadband providers to supply consumers with a migration authorisation code upon request and free of charge. The new rules will also make it the responsibility of all broadband providers to ensure that technical and operational problems such as tag on line do not hinder consumers ability to switch.

About time to... :banana2:
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

RJM

At last!

How some of the ISP's have got away with their "cowboy tactics" over the years is beyond me.

Robin
Robin

stevelondon

Yes i agree about time   ;D ;)

Rik

Make that a me too. I'm too shocked to write more, Ofcom actually doing something that's in our interests... Terrible.  :o
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

maxping

QuoteAbout time to...

Yep.

AvengerUK

Makes me laugh - 186k, Sleezee dsl (ezeedsl) get their customers by buying out companies such as mailbox, e7even etc and box them in without service "wait for 14 days for a cease, or join us" kind of thing.,..(note: the ceases rarely worked)

So with these new rules...there only way, and i mean only (no one in their right mind woulkd sign up out of free will) way of getting customers is out of the window!

D-Dan

As a very dissatisfied (and - at last - ex) Orange Customer I think it's kinda funny that less than two months after Orange changed their T&Cs to charge for MAC codes OFCOM kicked them where it must really hurt.

Never thought I'd say it about OFCOM, but let's hear it for the boys :)
Have I lost my way?

This post doesn't necessarily represent even my own opinions, let alone anyone else's