7.30 pm!!

Started by Moley, Nov 07, 2008, 09:03:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebby

Quote from: Lance on Nov 18, 2008, 19:37:02
Although the issue is the download, Sebby :)

Of course, I totally forgot that upload isn't counted with IDNet. But then I can't understand why having the Manager open should make a difference. It only downloads when something is put on to download!

Moley

And there was me thinking this would be simple...... :eek4:

Rik

Be aware that the BBC are going to start streaming live programmes next week, Chris, so it will only get worse.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

g7pkf

Rik please do not fill us all with doom and despair.

Sebby

Don't worry, Dean, we're here for you. :) :pat:

Moley

OK I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to these things.  I have a linksys router (WAG160N).  I want to do something in the router which means they kids can't access iplayer.  Is there a simple way or is it just too complicated for words?  What I don't want is to have to access their laptops etc - just too much like hard work, and besides being 17 and 18 they are bound to find a way round what I've done - but they don't have access to the router, so thats my line of attack :p :rant2:

Rik

Your best bet, Chris, would be to use OpenDNS. That way it's outside the router and can't be tampered with.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Sebby

I agree. Use OpenDNS (define them in the router) and then register with them, which will give you all kinds of options, including blocking sites.

g7pkf

Thirded.

And its quite easy to use