Extremely Slow

Started by Nutter, Aug 27, 2008, 20:48:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Den

All the BT tests I have run since Friday teatime have come in at about 5900kbps which I can live with (normally 6300kbps: profile 6500) but before I rang idnet they were showing under 2000kbps in the evening. I will carry on checking and report back.  ;D
Mr Music Man.

Sebby

MO

Thanks to all for helping me decipher my speed issues, speeds have improved since BT intervened but I still experience dropouts and erratic speeds at times. This is a pic taken of the BT wiring about 30 metres from my house, why can't BT get their a*se in gear?!

[attachment deleted by admin]

David

Quote from: Den on Sep 20, 2008, 13:44:45
All the BT tests I have run since Friday teatime have come in at about 5900kbps which I can live with (normally 6300kbps: profile 6500) but before I rang idnet they were showing under 2000kbps in the evening. I will carry on checking and report back.  ;D

Good news Den  :thumb: :fingers:
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

David

Quote from: MO on Oct 04, 2008, 22:09:40
Thanks to all for helping me decipher my speed issues, speeds have improved since BT intervened but I still experience dropouts and erratic speeds at times. This is a pic taken of the BT wiring about 30 metres from my house, why can't BT get their a*se in gear?!
Quotewhy can't BT get their a*se in gear?!

Contradiction in terms Mo surely
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

MO

Quote from: badpianoplayer on Oct 04, 2008, 23:00:37
Contradiction in terms Mo surely

Sorry my error.......speeds had improved!

David

:thumb: :thumb: Heres to it staying that way Mo....... ;)

Rik

I thought those junction boxes were meant to be the other way up, to stop water ingress?
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

MO

Quote from: Rik on Oct 05, 2008, 11:09:45
I thought those junction boxes were meant to be the other way up, to stop water ingress?

This one was also smashed to pieces with all the internals exposed to the elements!

Rik

That isn't going to help your line. :(
Rik
--------------------

David

I wonder if this is pointed out that Bt will go out to it and fix it more securely and as it should be in an upright position.from what I can see isnt this likely to sway in the wind ? which no matter how secure inside must,even in time have an effect on the line in some way or another ?

MO

Quote from: badpianoplayer on Oct 05, 2008, 12:17:25
I wonder if this is pointed out that Bt will go out to it and fix it more securely and as it should be in an upright position.from what I can see isnt this likely to sway in the wind ? which no matter how secure inside must,even in time have an effect on the line in some way or another ?

EXACTLY! I have noticed that I get more dropouts when it is a windy day (and I get a lot of those, I am at the 2nd highest point in Suffolk!).

Rik

So that's about 10' higher than the surrounding area then, MO? ;)

Wind is often a problem with overhead wiring, lines rubbing on trees being a major issue.
Rik
--------------------

David

Quote from: Rik on Oct 05, 2008, 12:27:02
So that's about 10' higher than the surrounding area then, MO? ;)

Wind is often a problem with overhead wiring, lines rubbing on trees being a major issue.

A call or Email being the order of the day here surely.... :rant2:

Rik

BT are not eager to deal with such issues, David. Providing someone is receiving a service above their FTR, there is no fault as far as they are concerned, and if the voice side is OK, they don't take a huge interest, which is why we often recommend the 'intermittent crosstalk' trick.
Rik
--------------------

David

I'm not sure what that is Rik but it sounds very much what I would do IE state there is a fault on the line lie I can hear other calls or something but it is affecting my phone line ( I would not mention BB) and point to the pole as a possibility

Rik

I wouldn't even mention the pole, unless there was visible physical damage, David. ;)
Rik
--------------------

David

Learn something new every day.................I would bribe the engineer  ;D

Rik

That can work. Bacon butties or chocolate biscuits can be a clincher. :)
Rik
--------------------

David

Or a fiver in the back of the hand  ;D ;D

Rik

Rik
--------------------

cavillas

Quote from: Rik on Oct 05, 2008, 12:44:39
I wouldn't even mention the pole, unless there was visible physical damage, David. ;)
How did you know he/she was Polish? >:D
------
Alf :)

Rik

Because his name was Walter? :)
Rik
--------------------

David

No it was Mr Sheen  ;D

g7pkf

Quote from: Simon_idnet on Sep 03, 2008, 15:59:09Back in April we placed an order with BT for a 1Gbps 21CN (21st Century Network) WBC Host Link (the next generation of BT Central). The official lead time is 65 working days. We have now received an install date of 4th November = 180 working days!
In the meantime we will be working hard to get the balancing right.
Simon

Simon is it in yet?

Have you got the balance right....that was a song me thinks.

Dean AKA G7PKF

depressed as it make no diff to me as my exchange is Q3 2009---which will probarly slip.