Extremely Slow

Started by Nutter, Aug 27, 2008, 20:48:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon

Can't argue with that, In, and I hope we'll hear from them later today.  ;)
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Inactive

Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Sebby

As I mentioned earlier, IDNet are in the unfortunate position of being involved with BT. Whether or not BT are to blame in this case, I don't know, but IDNet have said there is nothing wrong at their end. Now, if IDNet come here, they'll say the same thing.

This is an unofficial forum and we help out because we like to, but we are not IDNet and ranting here will achieve nothing. If you have a problem that we say is something we can't help with, you need to contact IDNet. If their dealing with it is not satisfactory, you're free to move to another ISP - it's as simple as that. :)

Inactive

Seb, nobody was having a go at the Admin Team, they do a fantastic job, however there are some things that need to be relayed directly from IDNet on occasions, like the reports of non-returned phone calls, only they can give an answer to that one. ;)
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Steve

I think the members of the forum because of their postings have shown that their is evidence of a wider issue and for me personally it saved a lot of time trying to get to the bottom of an issue which I can do nothing about. For me its BT congestion the only way I can prove it definitely is to change ISP and get similar results, unless the delay in WBC has affected idnet's capacity to deliver a service without contention.
Steve
------------

Sebby

Quote from: Inactive on Aug 29, 2008, 11:40:28
Seb, nobody was having a go at the Admin Team, they do a fantastic job, however there are some things that need to be relayed directly from IDNet on occasions, like the reports of non-returned phone calls, only they can give an answer to that one. ;)

I know that, In, and I didn't mean it to come across like that. My point is that anything that's not a local issue needs to be directed at IDNet. Sure, we can ask IDNet what's going on, but can only pass on what they tell us. My point about this being an unofficial forum is that complaints here won't necessarily be heard by IDNet. They need to be told directly, and if what they do is unsatisfactory, you should vote with your feet.

Rik

I tried that, Seb, but the staff at the polling station complained about the smell. ;D
Rik
--------------------

Sebby

Tacitus

Quote from: stevethegas on Aug 29, 2008, 11:42:00
.......unless the delay in WBC has affected idnet's capacity to deliver a service without contention.

I suspect there's a lot of truth in that.  We were told whilst the Olympics were on that iDNet had ordered additional capacity which would have been on-stream if BT had kept their part of the deal.  Prior to that no doubt iDNet allowed customer numbers to rise in anticipation of the additional capacity.  As a result of the delay, I'm guessing they are now having congestion problems.

Most peeps would no doubt give them the benefit of the doubt for a while as it is not altogether their fault, but it doesn't excuse the unanswered emails/phone calls to support.  The real problem as we have said before is the lack of communication.  The answer to that lies entirely with iDNet themselves.

Inactive

Quote from: Sebby on Aug 29, 2008, 11:59:16
My point about this being an unofficial forum is that complaints here won't necessarily be heard by IDNet.

Well they should be IMO. ;) Still if they are content to allow their good reputation go down the pan, I guess there isn't much any of us can do about it, just a great shame.

If this discontent spreads across to TB etc., I bet they will soon respond..  ;)

Sebby

Perhaps they should be, but the reality is that they're not. ;)

David

There is a notification on the notice board chaps relating to speed issues  ;)
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Simon

Simon.
--

David

Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Inactive

I've seen that, very welcome :thumb:, it does not however address the non-returned calls/emails issues, which are my major concern in all of this.

David

Hi everyone,I posted my speeds very late last night and sent them over to support,and I have just recieved an EMail from Miriam who is looking into it and will get back to me by "The end of play today"I cant ask fairer than this and its a very quick response and action to boot.so I cant and wont complain.

Cant comment on anyone else,to me the service is as good as has been in the past..... ??? ???

I dont wear tinted glasses but have to be honest and give credit where its due

I think you will find the issues on the forum have been noted and Im sure something will be done

Sebby

Have you seen Tim's announcement, David?

David

Yes the one put on around 12 .15 re bottlenecks ?better go back in case I missed something

David

Quote from: Sebby on Aug 29, 2008, 12:33:24
Have you seen Tim's announcement, David?

Yes read this its the one I posted but embarrassed I beat Simon to the draw  ;D either I need a repeat prescription or this is very good news...... ???am I missing something? have to read again now

Sebby

That would explain the speed issues that some are experiencing. :)

Inactive

Quote from: badpianoplayer on Aug 29, 2008, 12:31:37

I think you will find the issues on the forum have been noted and Im sure something will be done

I wish I shared your confidence David, there was a golden opportunity to address all of the concerns raised by customers on here, only one was addressed. :(

Tim_idnet

I've noticed a couple of reports of unanswered emails/calls - but we're not aware of any that we have missed. We're concerned that this is addressed immediately. Please contact us again if you are still awaiting a response together with details of your initial enquiry and we will investigate and get right back to you. Alternatively please call me to discuss - on 0800 0267 237

Tim

David

Yes indeed and I cant ask for either a quicker service nor a more informed one.I am very happy with it.
I cannot comment on phone calls or any replies as all mine have remained the same high standard of service.

Im still wet behind the ears with pcs but all isps have issues and its being looked into very fast,to me,this industry is still growing and with everyhting so new which I think this is especially for domestic users then there will be issues.
People want more speed etc and demands must be huge but maybe my reasoning and its only for myself is that the more it grows and develops the better off I will be enjoying the ups and downs.

I could be talking out of my rear end but thats the way I am viewing it.like I say Im still wet behind the ears and dont pretend to know anything about the tech side.It just one of the things associated with a tech led industry.....maybe this is too simplistic but it suits me  ::)

David

Quote from: Inactive on Aug 29, 2008, 12:56:13
I wish I shared your confidence David, there was a golden opportunity to address all of the concerns raised by customers on here, only one was addressed. :(

I read them and was surprised In but when i got in touch I have not had this experience so my confidence is still here. :fingers:

Steve

I must admit I am pleased by their honesty ,their network status announcement indicating possible congestion is available for one and all after yesterday website changes.
Steve
------------