Is anybody else going ?

Started by Dont mention Talk Talk !!, Aug 29, 2008, 14:01:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Dont mention Talk Talk !!

From Nov 08, IDNet was just the best, but....................I have noticed a steady and serious decline in both mail and download speed , to the point were the £25 for an 8MB connection with poor EMail and slow download speed was simply not worth it. My migration to another ISP completes on 03 Sept 2008 , I wont say who they are, but I am sure you can guess.

If IDNet return to the standards they had when I joined and also a reliable adsl2+ with none of the capacity nightmares they are having now ,I will have no hesitation at all in rejoining again.

Has anybody else jumped ship or is considering a move now that IDNet are sufferring so badly ?

James

David

Good luck James,hope it all goes well for you.hope you carry on posting.Im not thinking of changing at the moment but wish you well
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Inactive

No move planned here James, but I havn't had any speed issues and I pay £17.99 a month, email isn't a problem for me, as I rarely use IDNet.mail.

Good luck with your move. ;)
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Rik

Good luck, James. I've not seen any major issues with email since the server failed, though, and I receive hundreds (literally) a day on one of my IDNet addresses.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

cheers guys  :thumb:

Ill be keeping my eye on IDNet and if things go back to their usual standards , Ill not hesitate in coming back to the fold .

James

David

I will leave the door ajar for you James and put the kettle on a low light  ;) ;D
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Inactive

I will not even mention Talk Talk..  ;D
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

David

gyruss

More bandwidth for us to play with :)

Good luck but i dare say you will be back. :)
Jase

ippylad

You can have my bandwidth too.... I also migrate out on the 3rd!

Barndog

Might be going myself, since i got re-connected i still cant use my phone when broadbands plugged in,they say its sky thats causing this, the thing is nothing has changed so i dont see how this is possible, loved this isp at the start but even my speeds have dropped by half

Rik

If you have that kind of issue, it's unlikely to be ISP related, to be honest, but most likely to be a piece of connected equipment or filter. If IDNet are saying the Sky box, did you try disconnecting that and did it cure the problem?
Rik
--------------------

Barndog

I have swopped filters Rik, unplugged skybox, and still the same, this only happened when i got re-connected, worked fine before...strange ???

only the other day , i got a speedtest result showing 7060 kpbs throughput and i thought , at last we are back on track and i was well happy. before i went to bed, i thought ill just check it one more time, and even though it was late, the result was cr@p , i tried it on 3 other test sites and all the same cr@p result.

i joined other musician forums as i am a keen guitarist and i couldnt use idnet email for the confirmation link as it has gotten so very very slow. i used one of my googlemail accounts and i get the link i need instantly.

i suppose , at this time, me subscribing to idnet could be compared to me paying out £25,000.00 for a Ford Fiesta , in other words, churning out top dollar for a run of the mill  product. would anybody else who is jumping ship agree with this chain of thought ?

Where I am going is costing me £15 quid per month for a 16MB adsl2+ connection and i am told my line stats will support up to 21 MB ,  and with no download cap, not that i download heavily anyway. With £25 for 8MB , at this time with IDNet, it is a no brainer and the only viable choice for me is to jump.

I hope IDNet get back on the rails, I really do and Ive every confidence the new link coming in November will help things immeasurably.  :fingers:

James

Simon

Things already seem to be improving this evening, James, as you may see if you look in the other thread:

http://www.idnetters.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=9945.msg224609#msg224609

Of course, it's entirely your prerogative if you want to leave,
Simon.
--

Inactive

Quote from: Dont mention Talk Talk !! on Aug 29, 2008, 22:52:21

Where I am going is costing me £15 quid per month for a 16MB adsl2+ connection and i am told my line stats will support up to 21 MB ,  and with no download cap, not that i download heavily anyway. With £25 for 8MB , at this time with IDNet, it is a no brainer and the only viable choice for me is to jump.

James

James, you havn't actually told us where you are going so that we can draw comparisons, tho' we can all have a good guess . ;) I recall when you came from another cheap operation, Talk Talk to be exact, you were so pleased to get away from them.

At least with IDNet you can escape at 30 days notice without penalty, which I suspect will not be the case at your new ISP.

Despite recent events, which I concede have been less than ideal, I will be sticking it out with IDNet, because I still believe that fundamentally they are a good company that give real personal service.

I wish you well at your new ISP.

Quote from: Inactive on Aug 29, 2008, 23:19:44
James, you havn't actually told us where you are going so that we can draw comparisons, tho' we can all have a good guess . ;)

only reason I havent is in respecting Rik`s wishes that other ISP`s not be mentioned within confines of an IDNet forum, he is the boss ,and what Rik says here goes. Im sure you already know where im heading to  :rub:

:thumb: James

Lance

I'm suprised Rik said that, as normally we have no problem with other ISPs getting a mention. Feel free to say who you are off too, i'll sort out Rik. He is only joint boss, but does put the most time in!!
Lance
_____

Inactive

Quote from: Dont mention Talk Talk !! on Aug 29, 2008, 23:25:38

only reason I havent is in respecting Rik`s wishes that other ISP`s not be mentioned within confines of an IDNet forum, he is the boss ,and what Rik says here goes. Im sure you already know where im heading to  :rub:

Cough, your user ID relates to another ISP... ;D

David

You should take something for that In...... ;D ;D

Simon

Although the courtesy not to overtly promote another ISP on these forums is appreciated, I don't recall Rik ever asking anyone not to mention an ISP they are moving to, James.
Simon.
--

David

Im a littel confused on this point James,there has been so many isps named everyone from Tis  to Bt I have never been asked not to mention any,indeed many are listed and talked about from Zen downwards so cant understand this. ???
As for being the boss,I am totally unaware of any Bosses here.All the moderators have always been very helpful and take some dire puns from me,and they show great fortitude when it comes to helping users and enjoying a good laugh,threads go all over the show,which is not the case on other forums and in my view.....we seem to be just a group of people enjoying being able to share experiences and pass on knowledge  ???

Ann

Well I don't know where you're going and I'd like to so that I can do the research.  Considering we all made it to IDNet which isn't one of the run of the mill ISPs, it rather shows that none of us is the staid stick-with-one-ISP type and I for one am constantly looking around at other alternatives.. so which ISP are you going to?

Rik

I'm not aware of ever having said that, James, and it's certainly not my view that we should censor posts in that way. If it was, we'd have to ban your username after all. ;)
Rik
--------------------

Rik

Quote from: Lance on Aug 29, 2008, 23:31:12
He is only joint boss, but does put the most time in!!

I'm in charge of the joints now, eh? So who's looking after the booze? ;D
Rik
--------------------