Mail Down Again?

Started by Tacitus, Aug 31, 2008, 15:04:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

Me too, 3 hours 33 minutes of delay.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

madasahatter

Baz

yeah just got some too    about 3 hours.

any idea what it was

Philip

140 mins from yahoo.co.uk account  :bore: still waiting

Rik

No ideas, Baz, I've heard nothing back. Based on history, I'm guessing the boundary servers have been hit with an influx of spam and have ground to a halt. Why that keeps happening, assuming I'm right, I really don't know. :(
Rik
--------------------

madasahatter

Quote from: Rik on Aug 31, 2008, 19:09:56
No ideas, Baz, I've heard nothing back. Based on history, I'm guessing the boundary servers have been hit with an influx of spam and have ground to a halt. Why that keeps happening, assuming I'm right, I really don't know. :(

Why do these things always seem to happen on a weekend, when there is no support, though?  :(

Rik

I wish I knew the answer, Mad. I would have hoped to have heard from them by now.
Rik
--------------------

Simon

Quote from: madasahatter on Aug 31, 2008, 19:15:11
Why do these things always seem to happen on a weekend, when there is no support, though?  :(

Sod's law, Mad, but in fairness, it does appear to have been fixed.
Simon.
--

Rik

It does, Simon, I've just re-tested and domain to IDNet is as fast as normal.
Rik
--------------------

David

Hoping this helps...serious update

Just recieved mail from Amazon and Ebay so all is well here,just keeping you up to date to let you know it has not affeted whatever Im on.
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Rik

We often wonder what you're on, David. ;D :out:
Rik
--------------------

David

God what would I be like if I were to be on anything  :eek4: :eek4: :eek4:
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Steve

I think we all should be on something after all the tension and high drama we suffered over the last few weeks. Never a dull moment ;D
Steve
------------

David

:rofl: :rofl2: Would you believe Im a very quiet man and sometimes painfully shy  :angel:

Glad the Mail seems to be getting back,wonder if it was something not related to the service rather an outside incident..not that I know what goes on ;D

David

Quote from: stevethegas on Aug 31, 2008, 19:33:48
I think we all should be on something after all the tension and high drama we suffered over the last few weeks. Never a dull moment ;D

A bonus would be good  ;D

Rik

Quote from: badpianoplayer on Aug 31, 2008, 19:33:53
:rofl: :rofl2: Would you believe Im a very quiet man and sometimes painfully shy  :angel:

Glad the Mail seems to be getting back,wonder if it was something not related to the service rather an outside incident..not that I know what goes on ;D

Who knows, David - until someone tells us, we can only speculate.
Rik
--------------------

David

Dont do that you can go blind ;)

Rik

Rik
--------------------

David

Let your guard down there Rik  :hehe:

Ted

Just for the record, mine came in at 19:01 around 3 and a half hours-ish. I think with hindsight. that's no more than a "blip" :thumb:
Ted
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

David

Blippin Hell Ted................................glad you have your mail back though...(are you it wasnt Rik,its been quiet and may have been a liitle bored  :whistle:

Lance

Until we hear from support, I would agree with Rik's guess that the problems were caused by an influx of spam. Fortunately, whilst inconvenient, it wasn't a massive delay. What i want to know is whether idnet have any plans on how they are going to deal with there spam influxes in the future. I would hope an extra server may be employed to spread the load a bit more.

My opinion on what has happened here and with the previous speed problems is that there is not enough communication from Idnet. Hopefully this is something they take on board and aim to improve.
Lance
_____

Rik

I have to agree with you, Lance, on all counts.
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

So do I, even more so as I note that Simon_idnet was logged in to the Forum at around 5.00 pm and again at around 9.00 pm yesterday, yet failed to make any comment on the issue. ???

Sadly this is just not the same IDNet that it was say 12 months ago. :shake:
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.