web mail

Started by Baz, Sep 01, 2008, 08:58:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Baz

just been trying web mail and wondered is it possible to move an email from one folder to another. I had an email which went straight into the junk folder when I thought it could go in the inbox. How do you move it. also if I hadnt been trying it I wouldnt have known that any thing was in the junk folder, there doesnt seem to be any indication that you have emails in any folders when you first open it. the only way is to select each individual folder. Maybe a number in brackets beside each folder that contains emails would help....unless Im just missing it somewhere.

how do the spam features work, can you customise them.

Steve

I try to avoid using webmail unless I am away from home, However with regard to spam filtering you can turn it on or off. I have it turned on and to my recollection I have never received any junk mail via idnet.com
You can set a white list and a black list yourself. The inbox on webmail indicates the number of new mail otherwise I know no more  :)
Steve
------------
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Rik

Hi Baz

The software that is used for the webmail doesn't offer many options, I'm afraid, the one used for the old idnetfreemail addresses was better, imo. I confess that I never use webmail unless I'm asked a question about it.

One solution might be for you to use a client, and IMAP. That will replicate the folders on the system on your computer.

As Steve says, you can create black and white lists.
Rik
--------------------

vitriol

Drag and drop works for me

Rik

See. I said I never used it. ;) Thanks, Vit.  :thumb:
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

I hardly ever use IDNet email at all, Hotmail is far more reliable..  >:D :whistle:
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Lance

Drag 'n' drop is the way to do it.

As for the junk folder, I thought it did show a number in brackets if something was in there!
Lance
_____

Steve

Quote from: Lance on Sep 01, 2008, 09:44:08
Drag 'n' drop is the way to do it.

As for the junk folder, I thought it did show a number in brackets if something was in there!

Perhaps only if its unread/new junk like the inbox
Steve
------------

Lance

Quote from: stevethegas on Sep 01, 2008, 09:45:43
Perhaps only if its unread/new junk like the inbox

Yep - that's what I meant.
Lance
_____

Baz

what does everyone else use for their email then.

should really try thunderbird again but couldnt get used to it last time

Rik

I use Outlook, but only because Microsoft insisted on giving me a copy. :) Prior to that I used Eudora and Pegasus. I have tried TBird, but couldn't get on with it (a bit like Opera v Firefox).
Rik
--------------------

Steve

Thunderbird, very happy with it
Steve
------------

Simon

Very happy with Thunderbird here too.
Simon.
--

Ann

I've always used Eudora at home but can't install it at work so use Thunderbird there.  I prefer Eudora but Thunderbird comes second.

Simon

I tried Eudora some years back, but I think, at the time, it was shareware, or adware, or something, and as I didn't want to pay for a mail client, when there were several free alternatives, I binned it.  Is it free yet?
Simon.
--

Philip

Quote from: Baz on Sep 01, 2008, 18:47:29
what does everyone else use for their email then.

I use the built-in client in Seamonkey

Lance

I use outlook 2007 at home, and in my opinion there is no better client.
Lance
_____

Inactive

Windows Live Mail, well impressed with it. ;)
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Lance

It seems the email clients are one thing that M$ can actually get right and do well!
Lance
_____

Rik

Quote from: Simon on Sep 01, 2008, 21:35:36
Is it free yet?

Last time I looked, yes - Eudora have abandoned development but I think the sponsored version is still available.
Rik
--------------------

vitriol

Thunderbird at work and Outlook Express at home.

Simon

Quote from: Rik on Sep 02, 2008, 08:32:28
Last time I looked, yes - Eudora have abandoned development but I think the sponsored version is still available.

Ah, adware.  No thanks.  :)
Simon.
--

Rik

That's why I always paid for it. It was a nice client, though. Take a look at Pegasus - it's very similar in many ways.
Rik
--------------------

Simon

I'm happy with Sea Monkey and Thunderbird.  I don't generally like changing mail clients, because a lot of the time, you can't transfer mail from one program to another.
Simon.
--

Sebby

Quote from: Lance on Sep 02, 2008, 07:46:04
It seems the email clients are one thing that M$ can actually get right and do well!

I agree; for me, Outlook is unbeatable (though expensive).