Are Microsoft taking notes?

Started by Den, Sep 02, 2008, 18:47:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Den

Mr Music Man.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

john

Quote from: Rik on Sep 02, 2008, 18:51:27
My jury remains out, Den. ;)

Well please put it away again now !  ;D

Rik

Rik
--------------------

esh

Does it run on XP? I wonder...

I daren't let the Win2k boxes here run on IE6.5, it's just too much of a hazard to the user and to the machine. Opera 9.2 is order of the day here for the most part. Haven't tried this Chrome thing yet... no adblocker from what I hear. Not surprising since I wonder how Google makes its money...
CompuServe 28.8k/33.6k 1994-1998, BT 56k 1998-2001, NTL Cable 512k 2001-2004, 2x F2S 1M 2004-2008, IDNet 8M 2008 - LLU 11M 2011

Rik

It must do, Esh as there are warnings about installing it before SP3.
Rik
--------------------

Sebby

I'm sure IE8 will be the best version yet. I just can't see myself moving from Firefox now, though.

David

Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

john

Thanks David :thnks:

I've installed IE8 myself and it generally works fine although it has occaisionally hung with a Java error. However when you kill it, although it closes all open IE8 windows/tabs it does ask if you want them restoring again next time you invoke it. As it's still in beta I have no doubt it will be fixed in the proper version.

Ann

I like it.  I never saw any real advantage to tabs in IE7 and had turned them off but am using them in IE8 and liking it.

Gary

Quote from: john on Sep 05, 2008, 19:56:12
Thanks David :thnks:

I've installed IE8 myself and it generally works fine although it has occaisionally hung with a Java error. However when you kill it, although it closes all open IE8 windows/tabs it does ask if you want them restoring again next time you invoke it. As it's still in beta I have no doubt it will be fixed in the proper version.
The java error could be because of issues in the latest java update 7 version 10 the next release should sort that out, also as a beta IE8 will have debugging code, not something I would test without VMware of some kind, removing it or updating makes a mess of the registry
Damned, if you do damned if you don't