Plusnet...keeping it in the family.

Started by lee, Nov 18, 2008, 20:49:29

Previous topic - Next topic

lee

Now this sounds like a bit of back rubbing, if ever i heard of any.

New CEO at Plusnet
Tuesday 18 November 2008 10:02:59 by Andrew Ferguson
The Plusnet community blog has the news that Neil Laycock the current CEO has decided to move on after two years in the post.

Neil will be staying around until the end of December. The new CEO started on 17th November and is Anthony Vollmer whose previous position was General Manager of Voice Propositions in BT Retail's consumer division.

"I am very excited to be joining Plusnet and looking forward to building on Neil and the team's past successes. My primary role will be to focus on how we can drive more growth, using the backing of BT to help us achieve this"

Anthony Vollmer, CEO Plusnet
There are another couple of changes, John Petter, Managing Director of BT Retail's Consumer Division, will become Plusnet's Chairman and current Chairman Jon Hurry will step down, but remain on the board.

What do you think?
Lee
----------------------

Lance

Certainly seems that Plusnet is becoming closing to BT. How long before Plusnet annouce a name change to BT Broadband I wonder! For Anthony, they may have put him in there to see how he does, with a view of him taking a more more senior role in BT in a few years time.
Lance
_____

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Simon

I thought PlusNet was already part of BT.  Or is that the point, and I missed it? 
Simon.
--

Lance

It is part of the BT group, but to date they seem to be continuing it as a seperate entity :)
Lance
_____

Sebby

If they do become part of BT Broadband, things'll go downhill, that's for sure. I think that as it stands, they're an okay ISP.

Inactive

They were not " OK " when I was with them. ;D
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Rik

And OK is just not good enough when you're a Netter.  ;)
Rik
--------------------

Simon

My cousin is with PlusNet, and has been for several years.  All they want is something cheap and cheerful for Internet and emails.  Speed is not an issue, and rarely is their 1Gb download allowance exceeded.  If that's all you need, why pay more?
Simon.
--

Rik

Agreed. Providing people are happy, that's good enough, but not necessarily OK. ;)
Rik
--------------------

Sebby

They've certainly got a lot better than they were a couple of years ago, as far as I can tell.