Reply from 212.69.36.10: bytes=32 time=49ms TTL=59
Reply from 212.69.36.10: bytes=32 time=44ms TTL=59
Reply from 212.69.36.10: bytes=32 time=51ms TTL=59

Ping statistics for 212.69.36.10:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 44ms, Maximum = 51ms, Average = 47ms

Dopamine

Problem solved........ for a couple of minutes.

I was changed unsuccessfully from gw6 to gw5, where I could not connect, back to gw6. Couldn't connect at all for a while, but when it did connect back to gw6 I had full 7mbps speed for a couple of minutes. Support unable to explain what caused the problem. However, the full speed lasted barely no time before a slow down again. Now back to below 2mbps and often below dial-up, with web pages refusing to open :(

Have emailed support again, so will have to wait and see.

The only positive out of this was the relative speed with which my support email was answered. As of now though, I'm stuck with a hopelessly slow connection.

jimc

problews with mine on gw6 as well

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
Your DSL connection rate: 6848 kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP profile for your line is - 5500 kbps
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 486 kbps

Jim

dujas

I'm on gw6 and around 8PM seemingly had an outrage; download speeds dropped to single digits and was unable to access any websites or email. Fifteen minutes later and all returns to normal, although pings are a tad higher.

Glenn

I lost PPP too

INF         2009-06-04T19:48:06+01:00         sys:  ppp0: connection lost, reconnecting...
INF       2009-06-04T19:49:25+01:00       sys:  ppp0: Up with ipv4 service on pppoa0
INF       2009-06-04T19:59:43+01:00       sys:  ppp0: connection lost, reconnecting...
INF       2009-06-04T20:00:05+01:00       sys:  ppp0: Up with ipv4 service on pppoa0
INF       2009-06-04T20:06:37+01:00       sys:  ppp0: connection lost, reconnecting...
INF       2009-06-04T20:07:42+01:00       sys:  ppp0: Up with ipv4 service on pppoa0
INF       2009-06-04T20:30:45+01:00       sys:  Successfully logged into a password protected page
Glenn
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

drummer

I got disconnected/reconnected at 19:45 and 20:07, pings are going berserk and logged my lowest ever throughput on a BT speedtest a couple of hours ago.

Your DSL connection rate: 8128 kbps(DOWN-STREAM),  448 kbps(UP-STREAM)
   IP profile for your line is - 7150 kbps
   Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 3170 kbps

Normally achieve circa 6500kbps.

Summat's not right.  I'm on gw6

[attachment deleted by admin]
To stay is death but to flee is life.

Maverich

This will be whats happening to me then, i'm also on gw6.  Anything we can do or just sit it out and wait?

wecpcs

Quote from: wecpcs on Jun 04, 2009, 16:48:57
Mine is now fixed, James switched me to GW5 from GW6 and everything is back to normal with even a slightly lower ping (39 was 41) that I originally had).
Happy again  :thumb:

I think I have started the ball rolling with the number of others all with the same problem on GW6, causing a lot more support queries. :whistle:

Gary

Quote from: Simon on Jun 02, 2009, 19:13:51
It's been fine here in Sussex.
not for me it wasnt Simon, really odd  :dunno:
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Steve

In reply to tamtap since the thread has been closed

http://www.idnetters.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=14486.msg339795#msg339795

I have run a pingplot to www.idnet.net. I have no packet loss at any of the hops. On .net via 212.69.63.55
Steve
------------

tamtap

I am still getting packet loss, although its down to 10% now.

Just logged into another site where I have an IDNET connection, on a different exchange,  this also is getting loss on:

212.69.63.225  redbus-gw1-fa2-0-331.idnet.net

So definately a technical issue with the idnet network. Will give them a call in the morning.

cheers

Tam

Sebby

They should be able to get you sorted, Tam. :)

Simon

I hadn't actually noticed, but according to the BT Speedtest, mine seems slower than it should be too, also on GW6:

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
    Your DSL connection rate: 5056 kbps(DOWN-STREAM),  800 kbps(UP-STREAM)
    IP profile for your line is - 4000 kbps
    Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 2329 kbps
Simon.
--

Dopamine

I gave up in frustration and went away for a while, but have just checked and am still getting sub 1.5mbps for a 7150 profile, with frequent slow downs to less than 150kbps. Normal performance is 6mbps+ at all times of day and night, so there appears to be ongoing problems within IDNet.

Have emailed support again notifying them of the problem.

sobranie

gw6 here on exchange (01326). Web pages sluggish at times this evening. Will await comments from IDNet tomorrow.

Dopamine

It's just gone midnight, people are in or on their way to bed, and...... surprise, surprise, my speeds are now around 4mbps, up from below 1.5mbps at 11pm and even slower earlier. I'll bet that by 2am I'm running at full speed. I'm no doctor, but that sounds like a pretty good indication of congestion/capacity/load balancing problems to me.

I'm unhappy. Very unhappy indeed. This is not what I pay £24.46 a month for.

Gary

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6002]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\>ping idnet.net

Pinging idnet.net [212.69.36.10] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 212.69.36.10: bytes=32 time=30ms TTL=59
Reply from 212.69.36.10: bytes=32 time=31ms TTL=59
Reply from 212.69.36.10: bytes=32 time=29ms TTL=59
Reply from 212.69.36.10: bytes=32 time=119ms TTL=59

Ping statistics for 212.69.36.10:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 29ms, Maximum = 119ms, Average = 52ms
Pings a little erratic still and this is on gw5

Gary

Quote from: Dopamine on Jun 05, 2009, 00:15:04
It's just gone midnight, people are in or on their way to bed, and...... surprise, surprise, my speeds are now around 4mbps, up from below 1.5mbps at 11pm and even slower earlier. I'll bet that by 2am I'm running at full speed. I'm no doctor, but that sounds like a pretty good indication of congestion/capacity/load balancing problems to me.

I'm unhappy. Very unhappy indeed. This is not what I pay £24.46 a month for.

It does look like load balancing possibly, but since its a one month contract, and no offence here, we all have the option to leave and go to another ISP like  AAISP for instance, so if you are not happy why stay? As far as I am concerned after a call from James and Simon tonight I am as always pleased with the response. Yes maybe there is issues with IDNet, maybe its BT  :dunno: but believe me having got away from O2 access and nightmare 512 speeds on my 8128 line and no calls backs and bad CS, IDnet are damn good. All ISP's have glitches, I imagine things will be sorted and life will return to normal. O2's ipstream product was fixed in April and its was a nightmare again almost two weeks later, so yes we complain, but IDNet are still better than most, I am not a fanboy, just saying what I see, and O2's Access package costs £17.50 for almost dial up speeds, and you wont find them calling you and swapping you over within an hour believe me.  :)

tamtap

its 12:30 and I'm still seeing packet loss. I don't think its a balancing issue as I've had nothing but rock solid connections since joining IDNET over a year ago.

I'm sure there is a technical issue that the support people will address tomorrow.

Tam

Gary

Quote from: tamtap on Jun 05, 2009, 00:35:09
its 12:30 and I'm still seeing packet loss. I don't think its a balancing issue as I've had nothing but rock solid connections since joining IDNET over a year ago.

I'm sure there is a technical issue that the support people will address tomorrow.

Tam
It could be load balancing with the failed migrations this week to WBC for so many, but time will tell  :-\ either way it will get fixed and its better on gw5 than it was on gw6, I can only praise Simon and James for the help there.

Dopamine

Quote from: Gary on Jun 05, 2009, 00:30:06
It does look like load balancing possibly, but since its a one month contract, and no offence here, we all have the option to leave and go to another ISP like  AAISP for instance, so if you are not happy why stay? As far as I am concerned after a call from James and Simon tonight I am as always pleased with the response. Yes maybe there is issues with IDNet, maybe its BT  :dunno: but believe me having got away from O2 access and nightmare 512 speeds on my 8128 line and no calls backs and bad CS, IDnet are damn good. All ISP's have glitches, I imagine things will be sorted and life will return to normal. O2's ipstream product was fixed in April and its was a nightmare again almost two weeks later, so yes we complain, but IDNet are still better than most, I am not a fanboy, just saying what I see, and O2's Access package costs £17.50 for almost dial up speeds, and you wont find them calling you and swapping you over within an hour believe me.  :)

Give me a break ::)  Not another "if you don't like it, leave" apologist for substandard service.

Other ISPs are worse? Really? I'd never have guessed, but does that mean I should sit tight and put up with this one having problems? ISPs - or any service industry, come to think of it - must love having customers who so readily accept poor performance just because "others are worse".

The ISP business in the UK is bloody appalling. I accept that IDNet are one of the best, stay with them for that reason, have recommended them to others too, but I won't sit quietly by when service is poor. Those that do are fools who deserve all the shoddy services they end up with.

Gary

Quote from: Dopamine on Jun 05, 2009, 00:45:11
Give me a break ::)  Not another "if you don't like it, leave" apologist for substandard service.

Other ISPs are worse? Really? I'd never have guessed, but does that mean I should sit tight and put up with this one having problems? ISPs - or any service industry, come to think of it - must love having customers who so readily accept poor performance just because "others are worse".

The ISP business in the UK is bloody appalling. I accept that IDNet are one of the best, stay with them for that reason, have recommended them to others too, but I won't sit quietly by when service is poor. Those that do are fools who deserve all the shoddy services they end up with.

No, complain that's fine, I agree that's what you should do, but if it gets to you that much just leave, that's all I was saying, I complained it was really bad yesterday but I don't sit here and say its not what I pay for, I simply contact the people who need to hear, if then nothing was done I would be off if I saw nothing being done to help me, that simple. You are perfectly entitled to say its not what you pay for, but then why you are still here?  I am not an "apologist" as you say, I'm just stating the obvious, if you don't like paying £24 for the service try someone else out, life's to short to sit and stew about it every time it seems to be displeasing to you. Say you have an issue, then get the details to either help or prove your case, don't labour on it. If you truly think that there is more than meets the eye going on move on, that's the choice we all have  :)

Steve

I guess there is a problem on GW6, the fortunate few have been transferred to GW5 I note the network status page says all is well.
Steve
------------

Gary

Quote from: stevethegas on Jun 05, 2009, 06:56:20
I guess there is a problem on GW6, the fortunate few have been transferred to GW5 I note the network status page says all is well.
I saw that as well Steve, that should be changed as there is an issue, pings are right back down on GW5 this morning, will see how they go over the day though  :-\ throughput is better

Your DSL connection rate: 8128 kbps(DOWN-STREAM),  448 kbps(UP-STREAM)
    Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 6655 kbps

If you wish to discuss these results please contact your ISP.

Thats via wifi and not draft N

Maverich

Morning all  :)

Not sure what the problem is but after my terrible performance last night things seem back to normal.

Your DSL connection rate: 8128 kbps(DOWN-STREAM),  448 kbps(UP-STREAM)
    Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 6741 kbps

Lets just hope when I get back from work they are the same.

Hope all have a great day  ;D