What the @$&!!£$%^

Started by D-Dan, Nov 16, 2009, 20:42:53

Previous topic - Next topic

D-Dan

I just noticed my SNR on the Routerstats tray icon was 26??? Checked further and sync was down to 2.5 Mb (from 6.5Mb). A quick restart of the router has got my sync back - but of course my IP profile has dropped to 2500 now. I forgot to check the router log before restarting - so of course it's cleared - but what could cause this. It was fine last night.

Now I will have to wait the best part of a fortnight for my profile to recover. I am so angry :(

Steve
Have I lost my way?

This post doesn't necessarily represent even my own opinions, let alone anyone else's

Den

Profile should be back up in three days Steve not 14.  ;D
Mr Music Man.

D-Dan

With my track record of recovering from a profile crash - it could be 3 months :(
Have I lost my way?

This post doesn't necessarily represent even my own opinions, let alone anyone else's

Glenn

Steve, I'll do you a swap, my line is currently at a SNR of 26db, but my bandwidth is 224kbs
Glenn
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Sebby

Steve, it must have been a massive burst of noise that caused the router to lose sync, and the noise must have remained for a while. But it's impossible to say what caused that.

D-Dan

But why do these things always happen when I'm at work - and never here to catch the noisy little bugger responsible  :dunno:
Have I lost my way?

Sebby

That's BT's systems for you. It's not issue on LLU because there's no profiling.

Lance

The correct answer on profile recovery is up to 5 days. Bigger jumps often happen quicker though, normally within 3 days (as has been said already).

Unless it happens again, you've not got a chance of working out what caused it.
Lance
_____

Rik

If you could leave a machine running Routerstats 24/7, Steve, it might give a clue.
Rik
--------------------

D-Dan

The trouble with that is - I can be rock solid for a month - 6 weeks or even longer (Until 1 month ago I'd enjoyed a sync of over 8.5Mbs with a profile of 7150 which bombed after 6 weeks and left me stuck at just over 6Mb). It's held solid at 6666Kbs since last night (Is that a frightening number to be syncing at?) but profile is still 2500 ATM. I expect I'll hit 5500 later this week.

Steve
Have I lost my way?

Rik

Rik
--------------------