Webmail

Started by Joel, May 03, 2010, 22:48:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Joel

Hi

I have never used the webmail but am seeing how it could be useful for checking email from work computer etc. Can someone explain to me how this works?

I have tried by pop3 username and password but neither are working. I also tried my email and the pop3 password, but that too didn't work.

My email is @idnetfreemail.co.uk, so I assume that is an Idnet email. Perhaps this is not the place to ask, maybe a call to idnet would be more useful?

FYI this is the webpage: https://webmail.idnet.com/

Thanks very much,

Steve

Hi Joel.

I can access my email at https://webmail.idnet.com by entering my email address and my email account password. I use an @idnet.com address however best check with support as I am unsure whether webmail is available for @idnetfreemail.co.uk addresses.
Steve
------------
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

DorsetBoy

The webmail system for Idnet freemail accounts is definitely borked. It should work but gives different errors in different browsers.

The URL is given in the Customer control panel, I have >> http://webmail.idnet.net you should then use your email someone@idnetfreemail (not.co.uk) and your password.

Rik

The freemail URL is http://www.webmail.idnet.net/index.mml?SignonProduct=GMS%20WebMail&language= and the sign on is username@idnetfreemail.co.uk, with the password being the same as you use in your mail client, but this can be checked in the customer portal.
Rik
--------------------

kinmel

Quote from: Rik on May 04, 2010, 08:23:36
The freemail URL is http://www.webmail.idnet.net/index.mml?SignonProduct=GMS%20WebMail&language= and the sign on is username@idnetfreemail.co.uk, with the password being the same as you use in your mail client, but this can be checked in the customer portal.

That does not work in FF3.6.3 or IE8 even when I go into my email settings page and cut and paste the email address and password.

You could not be logged on. Please ensure that you have entered your full address and password correctly. Note that passwords are case sensitive.

If C&P doesn't work, it's dorked.
Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

What is the date of the referendum for England to become an independent country ?

Simon

Is that different to being borked, Alan?  ;D
Simon.
--

Gary

Quote from: Simon on May 04, 2010, 13:08:09
Is a resident of Dorking?
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Rik

Quote from: kinmel on May 04, 2010, 12:51:12
That does not work in FF3.6.3

It does here, Alan.  :dunno:
Rik
--------------------

kinmel

Quote from: Simon on May 04, 2010, 13:08:09

Entirely different, or else my keyboard can't spell  ;D
Quote from: Rik on May 04, 2010, 13:39:42
It does here, Alan.  :dunno:

Strange, it is not a new problem and remains unfixed.
Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

What is the date of the referendum for England to become an independent country ?

Rik

Have you told support?
Rik
--------------------

Ray

Works here as well, Rik, can't try to login though as I don't have 'freemail' addy.
Ray
--------------------

Rik

Quote from: kinmel on May 04, 2010, 13:45:35
Strange, it is not a new problem and remains unfixed.

Have you ever asked for a password change, Alan? If you have, the information displayed in the portal will be incorrect.
Rik
--------------------

kinmel

One other problem is the contradictory advice the Webmail gives.

If you log into your portal and go to Email > Settings it advises that your username is joebloggs@idnetfreemail, but the webmail data input box does not ask for your username, it asks for your email address  joebloggs@idnetfreemail.co.uk

Both options fail by the way
Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

kinmel

Quote from: Rik on May 04, 2010, 13:56:44
Have you ever asked for a password change, Alan? If you have, the information displayed in the portal will be incorrect.

No it displays a password that fits the method of choosing them that I use.
Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

Rik

All I can suggest is that you talk to support, Alan. I know the system is working for me, so they will need to look into your case specifically.
Rik
--------------------

kinmel

Quote from: Rik on May 04, 2010, 14:07:38
All I can suggest is that you talk to support, Alan. I know the system is working for me, so they will need to look into your case specifically.

Thanks Rik
Alan  ‹(•¿•)›