Back from ADSL2+

Started by tehidyman, Jun 18, 2010, 15:05:47

Previous topic - Next topic

tehidyman

I am advised when I log in to my account that I can now move to adsl2. I have read on this forum, IDNet information pages and elsewhere on the web that because of my long line (attenuation 53dB) I may only get a marginal increase in speed (currently around 3.2Meg).  My noise margin seems to have steadied down of late (5-6dB) so I thought I have nothing to lose by giving it a try.  But have I? I have seen that if ADSL2 is worse for me I can go back to my up to 8Meg service, but I have also seen comments (cannot find source now) that I would not go back to exactly the same type of connection I have now. Are my concerns justified?
What are the experiences of those who have made the change and then gone back.

Rik

My line attenuation is 59db, but I gained from the move to WBC, ~1M, so I think it's worth a try. At worst, you might have to revert to ADSL1 modulation on the new connection, which makes the downstream behave like Max, but allows the faster upload speeds of WBC. You also gain the extra bandwidth allowance.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

tehidyman

Thanks for advice. Have put in my request today. Next should be the fingers crossed symbol but it does not seem to work, jusy get the script.

Rik

:fingers:

Works fine here. Try using the code - : fingers : (remove the spaces between the code and the colons).
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

tehidyman