How to configure static ip add on BT 2700 2wire router

Started by scarface34, Aug 31, 2010, 16:54:00

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface34

Hi
I have a BT 2700 2 wire router running version 6.1-1 , i have now moved ISP to O2 and have been provided with a static ip add , however when i try to add the " STATIC IP "
94.194.58.***
94.194.56.***
The subnet mask is reverted to a /24 and the default gateway is removed after i press save
Please note i am fully aware of changing the username and pwd procedure on these boxes and that has worked fine it is only adding the static ip add part that i need assistance on
Many thanks in advance
Kind Regards

Edit: IP removed

Glenn

:welc: :karma:

I have a V6 and it picks up the IP automatically, just let the router discover the IP itself, no need to add it.
Glenn
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Rik

Hi Scarface and welcome to the forum. :welc: :karma:. I've removed the IP addresses from your post for security reasons. :)
Rik
--------------------

Ray

Ray
--------------------

scarface34

many thanks for the replies and the removal of the ip add ;)))

with regards to the static addres i need to add this as this is what the ISP O2 has provided and stated that i need to add to my router in order for it to work , i can use the O2 router but it is rubbish hence prefer to use the 2700 router
look forward to any tips
kind regards

Rik

Unfortunately, I don't have a v6, but hang on a while, one our experts will be along shortly. :)
Rik
--------------------

Steve

:welc: :karma:

Not an expert but have you looked here http://bt2700hgv.tripod.com/063.htm Certainly on IDNet logging on to the network gives us our static IP perhaps the difference with 02 is that most users have a dynamic address.

I wonder does entering the IP address manually in the 2 wire require the usual java script
Steve
------------

pctech

Quote from: scarface34 on Aug 31, 2010, 17:17:41
many thanks for the replies and the removal of the ip add ;)))

with regards to the static addres i need to add this as this is what the ISP O2 has provided and stated that i need to add to my router in order for it to work , i can use the O2 router but it is rubbish hence prefer to use the 2700 router
look forward to any tips
kind regards

If the IP is the one the rest of the 'net sees you may not need to configure it manually as O2's kit should automatically allocate it to your connection each time you connect if you just leave it at obtain automatically.

kinmel

Ar you sure that your connection type is PPPoA and not Direct IP ?
Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

What is the date of the referendum for England to become an independent country ?

Steve

I think you've hit the nail on the head Alan , it's not PPPOA with O2 is it?

http://bt2700hgv.tripod.com/124.htm
Steve
------------

pctech

It was when I was with them but they used LLC instead of VC based multiplexing

MisterW

These are the settings quoted for O2 LLU with a Draytek 2820
QuoteMPoA (RFC1483/2684)
MultiPVC channel 2
1483 Bridged LLC
VPI 0
VPI 101
Modulation Multi Mode
Wan connection detection = ARP Detect
Enable Bridge mode Unticked
IP set to auto
Dns fields left blank.
Translating to 2700 speak, that tends to stack up with Steve's link to the tripod site and indicates that you dont need to enter the IP, it will get allocated automatically.

Simon

Simon.
--

scarface34

thanks for the replies
I am bascially trying to enter the static ip add under the manual ip address section on the 2700 , however after i add the details , and press save the subnet mask changes to a /24 and the default gateway disappears , however the ip address remains , is this a bug ? and does anyone a worksaround to add the static ip address.
I have checked the http://bt2700hgv.tripod.com/ir1002700HGV.htm  but there is nothing in there
And FYI O2 is ETHoA
Thanks in advance

Glenn

Glenn
--------------------