2Wire Statistics Accuracy

Started by MarlyM, Oct 01, 2010, 06:18:15

Previous topic - Next topic

MarlyM

Following all the recent testing I've done with routers, I've noticed the following with regards to the NM reading on some of them:

DG834G v5 - NM read in intervals of .5dB
DG834GT - NM read in intervals of .1dB
2700 - NM read in intervals of 1dB

Is this right for the 2700 or is it just really good at holding the signal?

I also find that RouterStats Lite tends not to like the 2700 very much.  Sometimes it reads it, other times it doesn't!  Weird!

Tacitus

Quote from: MarlyM on Oct 01, 2010, 06:18:15

I've recently been using a 2700 on a poor line and so far it does seem really good at holding the signal.  Daren't speak too loudly in case it hears me and throws a hissy fit.....   ;D

I also find that RouterStats Lite tends not to like the 2700 very much.  Sometimes it reads it, other times it doesn't!  Weird!

It may depend on which version you're using.  I've run Lite v4.7 to monitor the 2700 for around 4/5 days continuously on WinXP. 

kinmel

Following all the recent testing I've done with routers, I've noticed the following with regards to the NM reading on some of them:

The problem with Routerstats lite is that the 2700 takes up to 15 seconds to respond to the page data request and before then RS Lite times out.  Very hit and miss.

Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

What is the date of the referendum for England to become an independent country ?

Polchraine

Not with a 2700 v6.   The noise margin is in 0.1 dB increments.

I'm desperately trying to figure out why kamikaze pilots wore helmets.

tehidyman

Been using RouterStats Lite on 2wire (v6) for past 15 days with absolutely no problems, but margin always reported in whole number dB but so is the information in the 2wire . Does the 2wire need to be set up to do decimals?

MarlyM

It turns out if I hibernate my PC, Routerstats wont connect back up so I have to close it and restart it (unlike the Netgear on which RSL just jumped back to life)

I'm running v5 firmware on the 2700 so I can tweak the wireless.

Maybe it's a limit with that.

Polchraine

Quote from: tehidyman on Oct 01, 2010, 16:42:51
Been using RouterStats Lite on 2wire (v6) for past 15 days with absolutely no problems, but margin always reported in whole number dB but so is the information in the 2wire . Does the 2wire need to be set up to do decimals?

My V6 (s) in London definitely report in 0.1 increments and RSL reflects that.   Here in Scotland, I have a v5 - must get BT to send me a new one for here though, and that seems to be 1.0 dB increments although it was the same this afternoon as it is now (something a little odd).

I also see the RSL issue - the author blames the router but I feel it is the application as I have found changing the router type, for a minute or two then back to 2700 cures the problem.

I'm desperately trying to figure out why kamikaze pilots wore helmets.