router questions

Started by Baz, Oct 17, 2010, 09:02:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Baz

just been looking through my router settings and wondered if any one uses a NTP server for the time on their router and which one.Rik gave me one to use ages ago but its showing Current Time:   2000-01-07 11:41:16
  as the time on the router.The one I use is at 158.43.192.66

also in the Domain Name Server (DNS) Address setting of the router I have it checked at Use These DNS Servers  with a Primary and Secondary address.is that correct.I cant remember changing this or if I was given any info from IDnet when I joined as to use these

JB

Quote from: Baz on Oct 17, 2010, 09:02:08
just been looking through my router settings and wondered if any one uses a NTP server for the time on their router

also in the Domain Name Server (DNS) Address setting of the router I have it checked at Use These DNS Servers  with a Primary and is that correct.I cant remember changing this or if I was given any info from IDnet when I joined as to use these

I use 'ntp2.ja.net' as my time server. It is in London on the JANET network and is still available to normal users.

The IP addresses of your DNS didn't show but I am currently using IDNets, 212.69.36.3 as primary and 212.69.40.3 as secondary.

HTH.
JB

'Keyboard not detected ~ Press F1 to continue'