Firmware conflict

Started by JohnA, Nov 08, 2010, 20:20:31

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnA

Lucky me. The new BT 2700HGV contains Firmware 5.29.117.6  -  which seems to be the most favoured.

So I did the suggested modification of the ACS url  (to 10.0.0.0) - just to keep it that way.

Now when I View System Details it still says:
"Software Version: 5.29.117.6"

but if I "View available upgrades and options" it says:
"Current Software Version: 5.29.107.19
No Upgrade Available
Your system has the latest software version available"

and the upgrade log implies 5.29.117.6 from new.

Is this version conflict - which didn't happen until I modified the ACS - normal?

TIA,

JohnA

Glenn

:welc: :karma: JohnA

I can't help you, but I'm sure Kinmel or MisterW will be along soon, to offer advice.
Glenn
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

kinmel

I have not noticed that conflict anywhere else, maybe I haven't looked properly !

Whatever, the Upgrade Log is accurate, so any update that has actually been applied will be listed there.
Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

What is the date of the referendum for England to become an independent country ?

MisterW

For info,
I've just checked on one of ours in the office, it had 5.29.117.6 from new and has had the ACS URL set to https://gw-5-29-117.cwmp.cms.2wire.com to prevent upgrades.

Upgrade History shows:-
Current Version as 5.29.117.6
Initial Software Version 5.29.117 ( yes no .6 , that's not a typo )

Show Available Upgrades doesnt do anything!

I agree with Alan, the Upgrade history is correct , I suspect its a minor bug in the 'Show Available Upgrades', possibly if it can't contact the server??.

JohnA

Thanks all three - and many thanks to those who derived and published the patches for the 2700.

I guess that it is just an oddity invoked by the patching.

Just for the record, my BT 2700 is sustaining a 4320kbps connect speed with a minimum SNR of 3dB on a -53dB line.

Many Thanks again.

JohnA

Ray

Ray
--------------------

Rik

Hi John and welcome to the forum. :welc: :karma:
Rik
--------------------

Tacitus

Quote from: MisterW on Nov 09, 2010, 08:10:58
I've just checked on one of ours in the office, it had 5.29.117.6 from new and has had the ACS URL set to https://gw-5-29-117.cwmp.cms.2wire.com to prevent upgrades.

Could you tell me where I can find the ACS URL?  Even though my 2700 with V5 won't work on my line, it is currently working on Sis, so I would like to prevent it from upgrading so she can have it as a spare.  At present I'm using static routes, but they can always change the upgrade server addresses.

kinmel

Quote from: Tacitus on Nov 20, 2010, 10:32:49
Could you tell me where I can find the ACS URL?  Even though my 2700 with V5 won't work on my line, it is currently working on Sis, so I would like to prevent it from upgrading so she can have it as a spare.  At present I'm using static routes, but they can always change the upgrade server addresses.

Tripod's guide to ACS URLs is here
Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

What is the date of the referendum for England to become an independent country ?