Zoom Wireless-G Access Point + 4

Started by DorsetBoy, Jan 31, 2011, 11:51:58

Previous topic - Next topic

DorsetBoy

http://www.game.co.uk/Accessories-Computing-PC-Accessories-Computing-Wireless-Networking/PC-Games-and-Downloads/Wireless-Networking-Modems/Zoom-Wireless-G-Access-Point-4/~r333848/?d=1z13fvhZ1z13fq5

Just added one of these to my system, it is plugged into the Dratek2820(non wireless) router and creates a wireless access point for my son's new Android Tablet(and any othe WiFi enabled product). The WiFi range is amazing we held a connection some way down the road with this.

It can function in several ways,router (Virgin/cable) ,access point,bridge etc. is easy to set up and use, so if you are thinking of changing a newish router just because you suddenly need WiFi this is an alternative.

Rik

Have you tried the modem at all, Dorset?
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

DorsetBoy

Quote from: Rik on Jan 31, 2011, 12:02:38
Have you tried the modem at all, Dorset?

No Rik, it has a Wan and 4 Ethernet ports , no standard phone line connection, I just connected my PC ethernet/router cable to it and then a lead from Wan to router for set up,then just removed my PC lead when it was up and running.

The write up they placed on Game.co.uk is a bit misleading as it says "plug in your phone line" which you can't with a satnadard BT lead, it clearly says on the box it is a cable/Virgin router .

Rik

Thanks, that's why I assumed it had a modem as well. :)
Rik
--------------------

Rik

Rik
--------------------