Xbox Live ???

Started by KeG123, Feb 05, 2011, 16:22:00

Previous topic - Next topic

KeG123

Cant connect to xbox live :(

Have searched the forum and found some useful info on this, but it refers to previous software versions of the 2700 - and hoping the solution will be easier than all the port forwarding and assigning static IP address that might be required :-\

Any help appreciated

my firmware version is 6.1.1.48.1-enh.tm

Steve

Steve
------------
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

KeG123

Thanks,

Tried it, but it didn't work

But wasn't sure what this meant:

"Use the Select a computer box to choose a computer to forward ports to. This box contains a list of computer names that are visible on your network."

The router chose an IP address for me?

If I just turned off the firewall would that work?

Steve

Hopefully someone with the 2wire will give a better answer but in essence the ports required for xbox live need to be forwarded to the Xbox's LAN address

Edit if using wifi have you tried an ethernet cable instead?
Steve
------------

KeG123

Using power plug connection, but good point , should try a direct connection just in case

kinmel

Since the 2700HGV does not support uPnP you will need to open the following ports:  UDP 88, UDP 3074 and TCP 3074.

Due to a V6 firmware bug, it requires extra steps to change the firewall settings for new devices.

If you require specific advice on setting these up  your Xbox with V6 firmware, please post back and I, or MisterW,  will happily go through the process for you.
Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

What is the date of the referendum for England to become an independent country ?

KeG123

Thanks

I bit the bullet and re-booted the 2700 (something I didnt want to do because I'm waiting for my profile to rise)

Seems to have done the trick, but I then had a problem connecting my laptop due to an IP clash but seem to have fixed this by assigning a new IP address

Maybe to finish the process of port forwarding you need to re-boot ?

Steve

I think there is a bug with v6 which relates to to the device listings and IP address allocations. I believe if Openzone is disabled the device list is incorrect

http://www.idnetters.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,21374.msg512148.html#msg512148

Kinmel will happily talk you though it.
Steve
------------

MisterW

QuoteMaybe to finish the process of port forwarding you need to re-boot ?
I don't think so. The problem is that the 2700 is slightly different to most routers when portforwarding. Usually you have to specify a fixed IP address for the machine to which you need to forward ports since on most routers you actually forward to an IP address. The 2700 is actually quite clever in that it forwards to a 'device' and actually uses the MAC address to identify the device. This means that you can leave all the machines on DHCP and still forward to the correct one. The issue is that UNLESS the device is in the 2700's list you can't forward to it. Sometimes, as Steve says, the device list is not updated correctly and also if you have assigned a fixed IP to the machine then the 2700 is reluctant to display it in the device list.

Hope that helps

KeG123

Thanks everyone for all your help :thumb:

So far everything seems to be ok  :fingers:

Xbox live, PC Laptop and iMac all connected and working

About to connect new apple tv so see how that goes !

Just need to leave the 2700 connected now to see if my profile goes up from 750k to 1M - big achievement for me if it does ;D

Steve

Steve
------------