IPv6 on the Netgear DGND3300

Started by jezuk1, Jun 01, 2011, 18:39:06

Previous topic - Next topic

jezuk1

Hello all,

My router is the Netgear DGND3300v2. I know that it supports IPv6 (although it's not visible on the web interface, however it's possible to manually go to the ip6 page). The question is whether this router can run IPv4 and IPv6 in parallel, assuming that's possible?

Thanks
Jez

Rik

I think so, but I'll leave you to the experts. :)
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Steve

My guess is that it should be dual stack otherwise it's impractical with the current state of the Internet.
Steve
------------
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

jezuk1

A discussion with Netgear yesterday revealed that although the router has this "secret" IPv6 page on the web interface, it seems that sufficient support is not implemented with the current firmware. It's possible it will be in the future although they don't seem to know all that much about it right now. Apparently only the 3700 and 4000 models support IPv6 at this time.

There are only two options on the router's web page and when enabled my PC does configure itself with an IPv6 address but that's as far as it goes. The router doesn't seem to make any attempt to obtain an IPv6 address from IDnet. So my attempts to test out IPv6 have been thwarted! Until either firmware support arrives or I replace the router  :D

pctech

For the moment my advice would be to use a 6to4 server

Gary

Avoid the 3700 like the plague, Netgear have said current models will get software updates to support IPV6.
Damned, if you do damned if you don't