Which service?

Started by zimmerframe, May 22, 2007, 08:10:26

Previous topic - Next topic

zimmerframe

I am currently on the Home Max service at £24.99/month.  When I migrated in from Virgin last year, I wanted the best service for home use and I havent been dissapointed since :-)

I am considering changing to the Home Lite service which is cheaper.  I have never gone anywher near its 5Gb cap.  The most I have ever had in one month is 2 Gb.  I dont download large file such as video etc, just the occasional game patch or map.

Would there be any degradation in service if I did change?

If The World Didnt Suck, We'd all Fall Off

Lance

None at all. It is still exactly the same service, just a different cap. Best of all, it is free to change (because it is still the same service from BT).
Lance
_____

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Ray

I changed from Homemax to Homelite just over a month ago and as Lance says there is no difference in service at all.
Ray
--------------------

Rik

Except the price, of course! ;)
Rik
--------------------

zimmerframe

Thank you chaps.  I have just requested the change.  Initially, they did say it would cost £10 but when I queried that, I was told that it was free ;)

Rik

There's been a bit of confusion over the charge, but it's definitely free. Enjoy your saving. :)
Rik
--------------------

Adam

Out of interest.. would they have charged that if you did not query it? Not every user is clued up on charges and whatnot.
Adam

zimmerframe

Possibly, cant say for sure though.  When I queried the chargs, I did say that I had read it on the IDnetters forum ;)

Rik

Careful, we'll start charging commission. ;)
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Quote from: Adam on May 24, 2007, 22:10:53
Out of interest.. would they have charged that if you did not query it? Not every user is clued up on charges and whatnot.

That is a very good point, I would hate to think that IDNet treat customers differently because they are members here.

Let us hope it was a genuine mistake.
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.