IDNet Dashboard Widget

Started by joshje, Oct 30, 2011, 16:31:07

Previous topic - Next topic

joshje

I've created a dashboard widget for Mac OS X that will enable you to see your current and projected bandwidth usage for the month. As this is the first release there may be bugs. Please let me know if you encounter any issues.

Download IDNet Monitor

The widget requires your username, API key and both peak and off peak bandwidth limits for your tariff.

Here's how to discover your api key:

• Sign in to IDNet at idnet.net/secure
  • Click 'Updates Via RSS'
  • Option click on the first 'Subscribe' link and select 'Copy Link' or equivalent.
  • Paste this into a text editor such as TextEdit
  • Your API key is the letters and numbers following '&key='

Steve

:welc: :karma: joshje

I will have a look tomorrow and report back :thumb:
Steve
------------
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Steve

Tomorrow already >:D  I have installed,it is working, I might be being stupid but I couldn't paste the API into the widget, slightly tedious doing by long hand. ;D
Steve
------------

lozcart

Thanks joshje I've set it up and it seems to work fine. I'll report back if I find any problems.  :thumb:

I'm using it on Lion 10.7.2

Rik

Welcome to the forum, Josh. :welc: :karma:
Rik
--------------------

Simon

Simon.
--

joshje

Quote from: Steve on Oct 30, 2011, 17:28:22
Tomorrow already >:D  I have installed,it is working, I might be being stupid but I couldn't paste the API into the widget, slightly tedious doing by long hand. ;D

Reading between the lines, I recon you are finding no contextual menu (right/option clicking). This is a constraint of the dashboard. Try the keyboard shortcut Command-V instead, pasting is working for me.

Thanks for the karma's people! I'm sure that's a good thing!

Steve

Time to learn those keyboard shortcuts,it does indeed work :blush:
Steve
------------

Stevescat

Hi joshje,

Your widget is working fine for me, 10.7.2. Am I correct in that the projected usage for the month isn't implemented yet only current usage?
Keep up the good work, have a karma.

Steve
Steve

joshje

Quote from: Stevescat on Oct 31, 2011, 19:23:10
Hi joshje,

Your widget is working fine for me, 10.7.2. Am I correct in that the projected usage for the month isn't implemented yet only current usage?
Keep up the good work, have a karma.

Steve

Projected usage won't show up on the last day of the month! But it is there, semi-transparent bars are behind the current usage and will extend further towards your limit. You'll understand what I mean in a couple of days! ;D

Stevescat

Steve

joshje

I've noticed that the remaining days in a given month were not being calculated correctly, and have fixed this with an updated version.

For some reason it isn't remembering preferences when the widget is updated, so make a note of that API key before getting the latest release.

Download IDNet Monitor 1.1

TheMonkey

oh cheers for this. Will stick this on later  :thumb:
Vrooooooooooom........oh wait. Whats happened?