Connection issues?

Started by psp83, Feb 01, 2012, 21:02:19

Previous topic - Next topic

psp83

My FTTC connection went down about 8:25pm tonight, anyone else having problems?

The green DSL light is on, on the fttc modem but the internet light is orange on my router (7800n)

Feb 01 20:56:32  daemon  pppd[604]: PPP: PPP Server No Response !!!
  Feb 01 20:56:32  daemon  pppd[604]: Doing disconnect
  Feb 01 20:56:35  daemon  pppd[604]: PPP: Start to connect ...
  Feb 01 20:56:58  daemon  pppd[604]: Couldn't get channel number: Transport endpoint is not connected

Lance

None of the staff are having any problems Paul. I assume you've tried a simple reboot?
Lance
_____

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

psp83

Quote from: Lance on Feb 01, 2012, 21:07:22
None of the staff are having any problems Paul. I assume you've tried a simple reboot?

Not yet, reboot of router and/or modem?

pctech

Lance

Modem I think, given it is that which is trying to negoitate the connection. However, doing the router first might sort it without having to upset the connection on the modem.
Lance
_____

psp83

I powered both down by the mains, going to leave it of for 30 mins.

If that doesn't work I guess I will have to wait until the morning to get support to look at it.

psp83

Well I lied, I only waited 10 mins  :laugh:

Its working now, it must of been a problem between router & modem as tbb graph didn't show any disconnects.

Glenn

Glenn
--------------------

Steve

I've had that a couple of times lately but usually a bit later in the evening i.e. 2300 . Modem always shows 3 green lights and router says connecting. I tend to leave the modem alone, rebooting the router for me doesn't seem to make much difference as to whether it will or it won't establish a connection. I blame BT. >:D

The PPPOE session would surely have to be live for TBB BQM not to show a drop as the modem just passes the IP address onwards.
Steve
------------

psp83

Ok, haha, maybe the tbb graph does show it. I was looking at the wrong one :laugh: :red:

The disconnect around 9:30pm last night was when I wall mounted the modem.

Steve

That's more like it, btw my engineer said that he was obliged to  wall mount the modem.
Steve
------------

psp83

Quote from: Steve on Feb 01, 2012, 22:15:13
That's more like it, btw my engineer said that he was obliged to  wall mount the modem.

The one that installed mine just sat the modem on top my router covering the vents of the router.

I moved the modem and they was both red hot, so during the day I put some wooden blocks between the 2 so air could flow and both cooled down, now the modem is wall mounted there is no heat to it.

I have the newer modem.

Steve

I mounted the router above it on the wall in the end, it freed up a shelf for more junk.
Steve
------------

psp83

Quote from: Steve on Feb 01, 2012, 22:27:08
I mounted the router above it on the wall in the end, it freed up a shelf for more junk.

That's my plan as well but I won't be doing that until I run new Cat6 cable around the house.