Netgear Reset

Started by David, Feb 10, 2012, 15:36:09

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Its gadget day so will attempt to resolve the question on my Netgear router DGN 1000 for some reason the wireless stopped transmitting and password was not recognised and as FTTC is due here soon I dont want to buy another router  yet

So if I do a factory reset how difficult is it to set the routers settings to get me back online again .... limited knowledge of routers

Once the router has been reset will it automatically find IP address etc ?

Thats my only worry

Thanks

Its only simple it you know how and routers I tend to leave alone
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Steve

If wireless is down if you've no wish to reset use an ethernet cable to connect to the router. A factory reset will return every value to default i.e. username admin, password = password. I can't recall what state it leaves the wifi in though i.e. off/on, unprotected or protected with code somewhere 'hidden' . If you do reset don't forgot to note your ISP log in/set up settings.
Steve
------------
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

David

Thanks Steve I have those but when I plug back in the router will find all the info from my ISP ? that is my only fear really
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Steve

IDNet Router settings

Item   Setting
IP Address   xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

It is recommended that you configure your router to pick up its IP address automatically from the network unless you have been assigned multiple IP addresses.

Username   x@x
Password   xxxx

DNS Servers   212.69.36.3

ADSL/ADSL2+ Settings
VPI   0
VCI   38
Authentication method   CHAP
Connection type   PPPoA or PPPoATM
Encapsulation   VCMUX
Steve
------------

Baz

with my netgear you can save your settings before any changes if you want, say like a firmware update.you could try that then just install again if needed

Steve

Yes Baz you can save the config file and then reload following reset.
Steve
------------

David

:thnks: Chaps thats a relief  :thumb: