Bitdefender

Started by Den, Apr 22, 2012, 21:04:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Den

Has anyone tried Bitdefender either the Total version or the security version. I went onto their site and they offered 1 year trial of the Total version free. I have only read good things about it but then again I have read good things about Norton and Avast.  :dunno:
Mr Music Man.

Simon

Yes, I had it on my laptop for about two days, but found that it slowed things down too much, particularly web surfing.  That said, the laptop itself isn't the most wonderful, and is now about 4 years old, so that might have had something to do with it.  Their detection rate is said to be very good.
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

zappaDPJ

I don't know much about the current version but Bitdefender 2010 was an absolute disaster unless you own a PC repair shop. My local shop made a packet repairing PCs and Laptops by simply removing it. If I recall correctly one of the problems was caused by an update that literally destroyed Windows 64 bit systems. Anyone installing the update was left with a computer that was incapable of rebooting after shut down. That particular version was also a huge resource hog.

I image the current version is better but based on a lot of past experiences, I personally wouldn't touch it without doing a substantial amount of research first.
zap
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.