BlackBerry email account setup nightmare

Started by Noelle, Apr 29, 2012, 22:22:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

Quote from: Noelle on Apr 30, 2012, 23:04:21
I'm back home - I'm a she and French btw so I'm sorry if I put English or technical errors in my posts  ;)

I realised and, no, you haven't. :)
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

jameshurrell

Not sure whether you've done this or not, so forgive me is if this is all been done - you should set up your POP/IMAP IDNet mail account through your BIS account: http://www.blackberry.orange.co.uk/ As someone else said, BIS will then push the mail to your device for you.

If you don't have a BIS account or are not aware you have one, try creating a new one - you'll need the device PIN or IMEI - both of which can be found in the device within the Status option (or similar) or on the box if you still have it. If you cannot create an account (device already associated to a BIS account) call Orange and ask them what the login and password are.

Once you log into the BIS account, the mail account setup is relatively straightforward ( but shout if you need help)... once set up you should use the Help > Send Service Books option in BIS  - this will then cause the mail account to appear on the Blackberry home screen.

Noelle

The link above doesn't work, I get a message telling me to setup my emails from "setup emails" on my BB. I have tried it a dozen times.

I work from home so I do not use my BB extensively for emails. I realized last night that with my old BB, I had noticed my Idnet email service had stopped a couple of weeks ago - I don't exactly know when as I have moved home and had other things in mind.

I contacted Idnet this morning to ask them if there's a problem between Idnet and BB/Orange... no answer yet.

pctech

Have you got an active IDNet broadband connection?

Noelle

yes, I have an active idnet broadband connection.

I got the answer from Idnet: "You will need to contact Blackberry to find out why they are not getting your email for you. If you do not supply the mail server addresses then the device will not have a server name to login to to obtain your emails from. The only details you will need are the same ones you use on your computer.

Simon

That's kind of what I was expecting. 

I haven't used a BlackBerry for a while - are you sure there is no manual set up options for email, or is there an 'Advanced Settings' on the phone?
Simon.
--

Noelle

Simon, that's not the proper way to setup emails on a BB, that's the procedure for an iPhone or Android. Even Orange has not tried the idnet solution. Pretty strange.

David

FWIW I have bb curve and bb is proving a big issue with Gmail from yesterday no problems setting up with ID net though.I am with Tmobile have no idea if this is of any help but might be when I get some time later will check on mine to see if it helps you in any way

Good luck with it
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Lance

Quote from: Noelle on May 01, 2012, 11:28:28
The link above doesn't work, I get a message telling me to setup my emails from "setup emails" on my BB. I have tried it a dozen times.

The link works for me :dunno:
Lance
_____

pctech

I think she has to sign up at least one account successfully before you have access to the Internet Services control panel.

I don't have my Blackberry anymore so can't check (though I might go back to one at some point as miss the keypad)

David

I am assuming that you have got the plan for email and bbm ? I have not reas the entire thread yet
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

pctech

Son't bother contact RIM, they will refer you back to Orange.

Might be worth ringing Orange and asking if they have a Blackberry support team.

Noelle

It took me 32 minutes to have Orange on the phone and this time I was told that my idnet server could only be activated before the anniversary date of my contract, on the 10th of May. I'm wondering why I spent 2 hrs on the phone with Orange last week and 1hr in the store and was never given this explanation.
Let's wait and see if it works on the 11th  :P

Glenn

Glenn
--------------------

Simon

Simon.
--

pctech

Smells like BS to me, as you are near to your contract end date might be worth asking for your PAC and telling them you intend to leave if they don't sort it out

Noelle

Sounds like BS to me too but there's nothing I can do now until May 10... Orange got rid of me for 10 days  :o

Lance

Probably hoping the problem sorts itself out in the meantime.
Lance
_____

wspencer

Got the same problem with O2. Just upgraded my handset and old one was working fine. Logged into O2 Blackberry Internet Service and switched devices. Asked me to validate passwords for both my email accounts. Worked fine for Yahoo but keep geetting wrong password or user details for the Idnet account. Have tried several Idnet accounts but to no avail. Have just tried a tiscali account and that worked fine. ME thinks this is an Idnet problem!!  been onto support for both o2 and Idnet and neither has a clue!
Wayne

Steve

I think your probably correct same ISP but different mobile provider to the OP. A temporary solution is obviously to forward mail from your IDNet addresses to an email address that does function. This should work for all mail originating outside of IDNet's network.
Steve
------------

Simon

It certainly sounds like IDNet is the common factor.
Simon.
--

wspencer

That's what I've done. I've dual forwarded all the domain stuff to both my idnet and yahoo accounts. Just means when I delete on my blackberry it will still be there on my outlook (which is downloading from idnet) but its a workable solution till somebody concedes its there fault!!
Wayne

Steve

Steve
------------

Noelle

Quote from: wspencer on May 02, 2012, 22:00:18
Got the same problem with O2. Just upgraded my handset and old one was working fine. Logged into O2 Blackberry Internet Service and switched devices. Asked me to validate passwords for both my email accounts. Worked fine for Yahoo but keep geetting wrong password or user details for the Idnet account. Have tried several Idnet accounts but to no avail. Have just tried a tiscali account and that worked fine. ME thinks this is an Idnet problem!!  been onto support for both o2 and Idnet and neither has a clue!
And I'm back. For me, it's an Idnet problem too. As I explained at the very beginning of this long thread, I managed to setup my hotmail, the Sky email of my neighbour and the BT email from a friend.
I like Idnet support and James and Brian but for this issue, they've been dodging my questions since last week.
I sent an email to Idnet asking them if they have a known problem with Orange/BB, it took 5 hrs to get an answer - instead of the usual 5 minutes - and the answer was a non-sense, telling me to enter my POP3 and so on...
What can we do, forwarding my emails is not an acceptable solution, Idnet HAS to do something and explain themselves. I'm starting to be pretty pissed-off - first time I curse in English  ;)

Noelle

Steve, Simon, can you do something? Thanks!