Netgear DGN 2200v3 static route setup

Started by Gio, Nov 16, 2012, 21:35:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Gio

Hello, I'm the latest noobie here.

I'm trying to setup my static route but I don't have a clue and I'm no techie when it comes to fathoming out how to do it.

I've got a static ip address but where do I enter it and should I bother as I've had the best week and a half in the last 10 days with no downtime or even a hiccup, which says alot IMO. (After Sky and Virgin) Which were always crashing.

Should I enter it here, Destination IP Address or here, Gateway IP Address. If it goes in one of them what do I put in the other?
the other entry I have and don't have any idea about is Metric, do I need anything there?

Any help would be much appreciated  :)

Steve

:welc5: :karma:

If your just trying to setup a straight forward home Internet connection with the router as the gateway and DHCP Server your static IP address is allocated automatically on connection, the only items you need to enter are the username and password . You can if you wish enter the IDNet DNS servers.
Steve
------------
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Gio

Aha I see what you mean I found it on the router status page.

Thanks very much  ;D

Steve

I was a bit worried you were trying to set a static route to an additional Device/Router on your network that required another static IP address . That's far too demanding for a Friday evening. ;D
Steve
------------

Simon

Simon.
--