Shopping online while offline...

Started by Technical Ben, Apr 21, 2013, 22:08:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Technical Ben

Many are browsing in store to buy online. To be honest I've even suggested to friends to do this when they don't know "if that TV looks any good on Amazon", "Just pop into Argos to see" I've said.  :laugh:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22098575

But I understand when a store charges £10 more or so for a book, that it's cheaper to get it online. If the store was able to, while I understand they may not currently, to only be a little more expensive, well we'd buy it to avoid the postage costs or wait etc.
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

Simon

Yup, did that with my last TV.  :)
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Glenn

Yesterday I was looking in Go Outdoors at rucksacks, the one I was after with a quick search on my phone I found it cheaper. Now Go Outdoors have a price promise 10% discount off you find the item cheaper, I got the sack for £64, so my offline shopping saved me cash with a quick online search.
Glenn
--------------------

Simon

Those are good if you can find them, Glenn, but I've found that many high street shops won't price match with online retailers.  Mind you, I haven't tried it for a while.
Simon.
--

kinmel

The most stupid thing I find with shops is when I go in to actually buy something and it is out of stock they tell me I can order it online when I get home.

Every shop has an internet connection, so why doesn't the salesperson do the online order there and then and guarantee the company the sale ?
Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

What is the date of the referendum for England to become an independent country ?

Technical Ben

Yeah, the sales person does not even need to order online. They call the warehouse/depot/manager and get one in. :P
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.