Back by popular demand

Started by Clive, Apr 30, 2013, 20:02:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Clive

The world first web page has been put back online by the folks at CERN, in celebration of the 20th anniversary of the World Wide Web. Originally posted on April 30, 1993.

http://info.cern.ch/hypertext/WWW/TheProject.html

Simon

Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Clive

What do you expect if you insist on using Firefox?   :whistle:

Simon

F... F... Firefox??!  :eek4:  Keep up, man!  I've been using SeaMonkey for 10 years!  ;)

Anyway, I was on my phone before, so that was Safari.  ;D
Simon.
--

Clive

The website only works on Netscape.   ;D

Simon

Ah, now that was a good browser.  :)
Simon.
--

Clive

I used it for years when I first went online.   8-)

Simon

It's what developed first into Mozilla, then SeaMonkey.  Netscape did end up rather bloated, and Mozilla took the code and made a stripped down version, which subsequently mutated into Firefox, which is now probably as bloated as the original Netscape!   Fortunately, SeaMonkey has remained much as it was, and with the combined mail client, makes it the best all round browser suite available, in my opinion.  :)
Simon.
--

Steve

Seems to load on the iPad Simon
Steve
------------

Clive

Gary

Quote from: Simon on Apr 30, 2013, 23:32:55
It's what developed first into Mozilla, then SeaMonkey.  Netscape did end up rather bloated, and Mozilla took the code and made a stripped down version, which subsequently mutated into Firefox, which is now probably as bloated as the original Netscape!   Fortunately, SeaMonkey has remained much as it was, and with the combined mail client, makes it the best all round browser suite available, in my opinion.  :)
Nothing bloated about FF memory consumption is less than Chrome, its not bowing to Google and monitoring your every move, has better ad blocking than Chrome since Google does not like ad blocking really, comes in 64 bit flavours for OS X which Chrome does not. Firefox like Chrome has its own built in PDF reader. They are also quick to update patches unlike Safari. Google want to take over the web and make it theirs, like MS did in the IE6 days and I wont be part of that with a browser that crashes when google has a glitch at the chocolate factory, which shows how tied to reporting back to the mother ship Chrome really is Also FF has no mail client built in, its just a browser, which is all a browser should be as I see it.
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

gizmo71

Real men use Lynx. ;)

(Insert own deodorant joke here.)
SimRacing.org.uk Director General | Team Shark Online Racing - on the podium since 1993
Up the Mariners!

Simon

Quote from: gizmo71 on May 01, 2013, 21:05:48
Real men use Lynx. ;)

(Insert own deodorant joke here.)

That's no good, there's no pictures.  ;D
Simon.
--