O2's customers will soon be shunted over to BSkyB's network.

Started by Gary, May 02, 2013, 10:12:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

O2's home broadband customers and subscribers to BE - which was bought by the mobile telco for £50m in 2006 - are learning that their accounts will shortly be plonked under the BSkyB banner.

O2 customers who visit the ISP's website are being told the BSkyB "sale has now gone through". O2 adds: "This means your home broadband contract is now officially with Sky. Sky will be sending you a welcome pack as well."

Will this effect IDNets BE customers and will people with Sky at their exchange be able to now connect via LLU with sky via IDNet??

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/05/02/bskyb_o2_be_broadband_takeover_customers_told_to_prepare_for_change/
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Steve

I think O2 Wholesale may have something to do with it somewhere and that company has not been sold to BSkyB
Steve
------------
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Gary

Quote from: Steve on May 02, 2013, 10:47:43
I think O2 Wholesale may have something to do with it somewhere and that company has not been sold to BSkyB
You are right, Steve, just found this which may be of use to people.

"As part of the deal O2Wholesale is to be retained by Telefonica UK, although Sky would still take over the technical ownership and day to day operations of their unbundled (LLU) network (i.e. Sky will integrate the current ISAMs into their own platform). In short the O2Wholesale division became a customer of Sky's under another wholesale agreement, which some might view as being potentially disadvantageous to future flexibility and development"

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2013/03/o2-wholesale-uk-tells-isp-partners-to-stop-worrying-about-the-bskyb-sale.html

Gary

I was hoping  ;) as of right now being on SKY's LLU may (or may not) help with my continued line issues.