Your help needed

Started by Rik, Jul 11, 2007, 12:20:02

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilFlyer

Hi Den

Can you give any information regarding the difference between your 2700 and what you had previously especially if you can compare with a Speedtouch 585?

An ebay seller (ydrol) is offering the 2700 at £41.99 with a money back guarantee (less postage)  if it does not improve synch rate. Seems a good deal. Is this the same seller that you bought from ?

By the way would you believe that my connection has now shot back up to 1152k at 5.5db. Perhaps its because the rain has eased off! ::)

Phil

Den

Hi Phil, Yes thats the guy, very good service as well (I`m not on commision). He is, I suppose offering his returns policy after the positive feedback from everbody that has bought these off him, I know I emailed him after he inquired how much improvment it made and thanked him my self. For a comparison on how this router helped, look at my plea for help (from all these great guys on this forum) under the heading SPEEDCHECKS. I know that I would not want to use any other router after this.    ;D ;D ;D
Mr Music Man.

Inactive

Strange thing is, these 2Wire 2700 HGV Router / Modems were selling for £8.50 a couple of months ago on eBay, obviously they have become more popular due to their  often discussed magic qualities on poor lines.

One seller has now listed some new ones for £30 + £6 postage, quite a bargain in todays climate.
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Den

Just make sure these are the most recent ones and ar unlocked. All the very cheap ones are either old stock or locked to BT. IDNET is still tops  ;D
Mr Music Man.

PhilFlyer

Thanks for all the input everybody. Stats back to what I regard as "normal" today  :)  -  but I will still probably try the 2Wire 2700 as a result of the comments in this forum.

Uptime:   0 days, 14:50:25
Modulation:   G.992.1 annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:   448 / 1,152
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/MB]:   12.10 / 13.68
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]:   12.0 / 16.0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]:   31.5 / 63.5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:   10.0 / 6.5
Vendor ID (Local/Remote):   TMMB / P
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):   0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):   17 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):   0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote):   0