Breaking News

Started by Inactive, Jul 13, 2007, 01:28:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Inactive

From Thinkbroadband;

As suspected previously, Pipex are set to announce a £210million buy out of its broadband and voice customers today following talks with Italian competitor Tiscali. The Pipex brands encompassed 570,000 broadband customers at the end of 2006. The growth of Pipex over recent years has seen them consolidating Bulldog, Freedom2surf, Nildram and Toucan under the Pipex group.

When put up for sale, Pipex hoped they would be able to sell the business as a whole, but although initial interest looked promising, a complete buyout for the company was never found. The fate for the rest of the business, including hosting services and a Wi-Max venture is, as yet, unknown.

:o :o
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Lance

You have to feel sorry for the customers - things for them just go from bad to worse!
Lance
_____

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Rik

I am so glad I left Nildram last year. :(
Rik
--------------------

Noreen

I'm a refugee from f2s and hoping to find a safe haven here. Hi Rik, I've spoken to you on another forum.  :)

Rik

If you're who I think you are, welcome. :) If you're not who I think you are, you are still very welcome.
Rik
--------------------

DAB Badboy

Quote from: Lance on Jul 13, 2007, 07:33:58
You have to feel sorry for the customers - things for them just go from bad to worse!

Especially when you see who's offering to take on customers not wanting to go to Tiscali ...

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/3138-plusnet-offer-to-pipex-customers-following-tiscali-takeover.html

;)

Inactive

Never miss a trick. :(
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Noreen

On the freedom2support forum there is a suggestion that the new company should be called Tipex.  ;D

Inactive

Love it, nice one.  ;)

Rik

I suffered a mild panic attack this morning when the BBC headlined a report Metronet is facing administration.

I was about to start preparing the defences against a hoard of ex-customers when I read on to discover that it wasn't the ISP!  :o
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Metronet, another once OK ISP, swallowed up by Plusnet, which in turn has been swallowed up by BT..  :( :(

Rik

The way of the world. From our point of view, the success of IDNet will consist of building a healthy business which remains just below the acquisitions radar. Simon and Tim have a fine line to tread.
Rik
--------------------

jupiter

Quote from: Inactive on Jul 16, 2007, 13:46:18
Metronet, another once OK ISP, swallowed up by Plusnet, which in turn has been swallowed up by BT..  :( :(

I was with Metronet for quite a while until the Plusnet debacle.

It really is the same outfit as doing London Underground maintenance though. 

It all makes sense now - when we had constant Metronet ISP problems it was, in part, explained as problems with redbacks in the tunnels.

Rik

Quote from: jupiter on Jul 16, 2007, 18:21:59
problems with redbacks in the tunnels.

Certainly enough to cause problems on the Central line...  :eek4:
Rik
--------------------

Lance

With some of these ISP's you feel like you are going around the Circle line! And some of them should, quite frankly, be flushed down the (water)loo!
Lance
_____

Inactive

G   R   O   A   N