More speed problems today

Started by davecollins, Oct 25, 2013, 12:05:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

Don't wrap data/network cables and power cables up in the same loop because the power cables will mess up the streams of your data cable, don't loop power cables because it can produce an induction effect. From years of working as a backline techin the music industry we were taught that, and it holds just as strong today.  :) As bill says twisted pair RF11's (modem cables) are better but saying that my fibre was installed with a flat telephone wire cable that comes with the FTTC modem to the telephone socket and tbh on short runs I don't think you gain much from twisted pair cables, in fact I have seen the opposite and people gain noise, its like smoke and mirrors. Anything over 10 meters definitely use it though.
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Den

I once installed an alarm system in a MOT garage and after I left someone ran an armoured cable along side the alarm cable going to the bell box. We started having false alarms and when I disconnected the alarm cable (process of elimination)  from the panel and the bell box I had a reading of 50volts on my meter.  :eek4:
Mr Music Man.