What is the maximum speed of a stock Intel CPU fan

Started by stevenrw, Apr 11, 2014, 17:27:57

Previous topic - Next topic

stevenrw

My Gigabyte Motherboard has a useful bit of software called Easy Tune 6, with which (amongst other things) you can monitor fan speed, system temp etc.
For all fans and specifically in this case the CPU fan (the most important one) there's alarms and thresholds that you can set and initiate alarms if the parameters are exceeded.
For example you can set the CPU fan PWM at 35% of speed when CPU temp is 20C and 100% when CPU temp hits 60C.
An alarm will sound if these are exceeded.
Now that's all fine and dandy except that the default max fan speed is set at 1500rpm, so you easily start ringing alarms because the percentages are based on that 1500 figure. My guess is that is conservative.
So, my question is what is the maximum speed for a stock Intel CPU fan, for a Socket LGA1155 (I5) CPU?
You'd think the info would be readily available but it isn't so if any of you good folk maybe have this mobo or know the info I'd really like to set up this Easy Tune fan control to protect things.

zappaDPJ

I'm not 100% sure that the same part is shipped with all processors but in general socket LGA1155/1156/1150 CPUs ship with part# E97378 which has a speed range of 1200 - 2800 RPM.
zap
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

stevenrw

Thanks for that zap, I'll check the fan. That makes things a lot better. 10% of 2800 is a tad different from 10% of 1500...